Intermittent fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I am a loyal fan of IF. I have been doing the 16:8 since 7/16/20 after my orthopedic surgeon said he would not do the double knee replacements until I lost 100 lbs. I weighed in at 319 in the office. I have so far lost 90 lbs. with my next appointment being 4/14/21. Can't wait to see his face when he sees how much weight I lost. Hopefully I won't even need the surgery with the loss. Anyway, I got very comfortable with IF after the first 4 weeks. I eat from noon to 8:00 p.m. everyday and follow the MFP daily dietary goals for nutrients. I call it a win-win situation. My only fear is what do I do after I reach goal. Anyone doing IF on maintenance? How long are people continuing on IF? Wishing everyone a good lifestyle journey in losing weight.

This is great! And as for me I see no reason to stop. I'm within about 4 pounds of my target and I plan to continue with IF during the week and probably relax it a bit to enjoy weekend breakfast :)
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 every day. I eat during the hours of 10-6. This helps me curb the late night snacking. Its a bit of a challenge in the morning because I wake up at 4, but nighttime is fine because I am normally sleeping by 7. I have lost 40 pounds since July 1, 2020. 58 in total from my heaviest.
  • mjc65
    mjc65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've had major issues trying to lose weight in the past and IF has literally changed my relationship with food. I actually appreciate feeling hungry now and having the control not to eat, and I am pretty sure I will stay with this going forward. I currently do the 16/8, so start at 11 and stop at 7. I think my metabolism seems to have adjusted to it well enough and I find it is not as difficult to stick to as other diets, and I'll also go for two-day fasts when I need to kick it up a gear.

I would definitely recommend it, but to stick with it for a week because I have friends who are struggling with it, but I have just asked them to try it for seven days and see how they feel.