So, who am I

Options
GeekDadCS
GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
edited March 2021 in Introduce Yourself
I am Mark, a 51 year-old dad of one.

I am a rabid Star Wars fan, gamer (Madden, Elder Scrolls, Minecraft, you name it), foodie, history buff, Peloton enthusiast, and an avid Tampa Bay Bucs fan. Not a Brady bandwagoner, a fan (yes, from back when we were the Yucs). I spend my days working out, watching sports, history, or cooking videos on YouTube, actually cooking, and trying to figure out why my city won't grow while the residents refuse to use the damn park they demanded in Cities: Skylines.

And I am trying to stop the slow creep back up the scale. I lost 40 pounds on Keto the first half of 2020 and have put a lot of it back on. Not all, but a lot. So, I'm back on the wagon. Kind of. I'm focusing more on fitness than specifically weight loss to see if getting physical healthy leads to weight loss. We'll see how that goes.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    Hi, Mark. Are there particular kinds of workouts you enjoy, that you think will be helpful this time around? Are there other things you learned from your past loss (or from regaining) that you think will help you this time? Wishing you great success, long-term!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    OOps, duplicate post!
  • GeekDadCS
    Options
    I learned that I can't stop working out. As soon as I do, I start putting weight back on. I don't particularly enjoy it, but once it becomes habit and part of my routine I usually stay on top of it.
  • staci_0022
    staci_0022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think working out leads to better food choices. If I'm running 6 miles....Im probably not eating a 🍩. It's a wicked mindset for me. Jealous of your peloton!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi, Mark. I'm another one who seems to do much better so long as I keep active. Like Staci said, I also just seem to find it easier to be mindful about food choices then. Are you doing anything special food-wise or logging here?

I am not a Bucs fan (I'm a Bears fan), but I recall when they were in the NFC Central!
  • GeekDadCS
    Options
    staci_0022 wrote: »
    I think working out leads to better food choices. If I'm running 6 miles....Im probably not eating a 🍩. It's a wicked mindset for me. Jealous of your peloton!

Actually, I eat pretty much the same way. My body just likes exercise because it's a stupid jerk that refused to run on only Doritos.

Pelotons are awesome. Expensive, but the best investment in my health I've ever made.
  • GeekDadCS
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Hi, Mark. I'm another one who seems to do much better so long as I keep active. Like Staci said, I also just seem to find it easier to be mindful about food choices then. Are you doing anything special food-wise or logging here?

I am not a Bucs fan (I'm a Bears fan), but I recall when they were in the NFC Central!

I log here and I've been on a low-to-moderate carb intake since December 2019. It has been the main driving force behind my success.

I remember those days. I listened to the Bucs blow a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter while at work once.