Body transformation plan

Options
Going to use this to keep me accountable and post about my progress. I have bet £900 that I will lose 40lb by the 3rd October - when I win I will get £2k back.

Weight Loss Plan:
Goal: By the 30 September 2021 I will weigh 147lb and will be lean and strong.

Starting Position: I will take before photos and then weekly photos after that. I will weigh every week and I will measure my waist. I will take weekly progress photos.

Nutrition: I will eat 1,400 calories a day with a rough 30% protein, 35% fat and 35% carbs. I will plan my food each week and it will include 3x meals and an evening snack. I will think about nutrition & protein intake & water intake.

Workouts: before the gym re-open I will aim to walk 7,500 to 10,000 steps a day and do a home workout 3x per week based around body weight movements

After the gym re-open I will do 3x 5x5 workouts of some description and aim to get stronger on deadlifts, bench press, overhead press and squat. I will also aim to get stronger on these lifts.

I will post starting photos and measurements at some point over the next few days and I will weigh monday morning.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Doable. I lost 40lbs from March to September last year. Still at my 40lbs loss weight. Plan to lose another 10 to 15lbs more by years end.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    That's amazing. How did you do it?

I have bought a set of kettlebells and written a workout plan for :)
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    Starting position:
    Weight: 194.75lb
    Waist: 42 inches
    Height 5'1

Will post some before photos later. I think my goal is huge but I am feeling determined. Today is just an relaxed day with the goal of doing my food shop, eating 1400 calories and walking 7,000 to 10,000 steps.
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    Day 2 - feeling good. Meal plan done & food prepped and ready in the fridge. Might need eggs and salad during the week. My kettlebells arrive on the 11th and I have planned alternative a/b workouts based around the squats, push press, deadlifts and bench press. hit 10,000 steps both days.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. How did you do it?

I have bought a set of kettlebells and written a workout plan for :)
    Ate less (I eat whatever I want) so I was in deficit, worked out everyday but only one body part a day and walked 180 minutes a day (2 90 minute walks) with interval sprints 3 days a week. That's it.
    I was back at work for awhile before getting shut down again in December. But on days I work, I only did 90 minutes walking (in the morning) because my evening got taken up with work. But I walk around a lot at work for 3-4 hours.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 1975greig
    1975greig Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys, be interesting to see the pictures, before, during and after. Keep motivated.
  • Squatcleananddeadlift
    Options
    Day 4 - Yesterday was a tricky day but I got through it and hit my calories. Today I have upped my protein significantly and planned in 4 meals & a snack by making a few small changes to the meals. On balance... Yeah it is good. I am pleased but I need to be consistent and get to day 14 and day 40 and day 400. My kettlebells have arrived so I will unbox and begin my first workout tomorrow.
  • dhenys26
    dhenys26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going to use this to keep me accountable and post about my progress. I have bet £900 that I will lose 40lb by the 3rd October - when I win I will get £2k back.

Weight Loss Plan:
    Goal: By the 30 September 2021 I will weigh 147lb and will be lean and strong.

Starting Position: I will take before photos and then weekly photos after that. I will weigh every week and I will measure my waist. I will take weekly progress photos.

Nutrition: I will eat 1,400 calories a day with a rough 30% protein, 35% fat and 35% carbs. I will plan my food each week and it will include 3x meals and an evening snack. I will think about nutrition & protein intake & water intake.

Workouts: before the gym re-open I will aim to walk 7,500 to 10,000 steps a day and do a home workout 3x per week based around body weight movements

After the gym re-open I will do 3x 5x5 workouts of some description and aim to get stronger on deadlifts, bench press, overhead press and squat. I will also aim to get stronger on these lifts.

I will post starting photos and measurements at some point over the next few days and I will weigh monday morning.

Very inspiring. I hope i can lose weight also. So far its still stuck. 1 year I only lost 10 kg, hope this year i can continue to lose weight.