What EXERCISE apps & programs do you use and love!?

Options
I am already doing YOGA three days a week which I love and is helping build strength, flexibility, calm, and even helping shed some pounds.

I want to do other forms of workouts the other four days a week. Maybe bodyweight strength, cardio, resistance bands, etc

- Beginner (I am 300lbs, need low impact for now, short 15-30 minute workouts)
- Looking for something FREE or CHEAP
- Looking for variety (not same workout over and over and over)
- Hoping they will assign me workouts based on my goals and abilities (rather than me picking)
- Looking for videos (not mini digitial characters going through movements)

What do you guys use and love?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The only workout app I really use is Zwift, which is cycling specific. They have a lot of standalone workouts as well as structured programs. Right now I'm running a structured program...it's all cycling, but every workout is different in terms of what kind of intervals, etc you are doing. Everything is run based on individual FTP...so as FTP improves, even hitting the same workout two or three weeks down the road will be more difficult.

Unfortunately, it's not cheap...well, the app itself is pretty cheap...but you also ideally need a smart indoor bike trainer to talk to the app as well as a bike to put on the trainer.

I haven't found any apps that really appeal to me much where resistance training is concerned.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I found the Hasfit short routines on YouTube great when I first began.
    This (below) is the one I always recommend as it is simple, full body, and effective. There are lots of other routines to choose from too.

When I started I started with doing only one set of the exercises. Once I could do all 3 sets it was time to find something more challenging.
    (I now have the routine memories and it is still my travelling workout)

https://youtu.be/U0bhE67HuDY

Cheers, h.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Sydney Cummings or CDorner fitness on YouTube
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You could also try Fitness Blender. They have an app or online site, but they have TONS of free videos on YouTube. Search by beginning or low impact and you should find a bunch of stuff that would fit your needs. Otherwise, they do have programs you can buy through there site that are structured and can go from like $5-$10 if I remember right?
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I was also going to say Fitness Blender. It is an easy way to try out a new type of exercise.

Do you like to dance? I google line dance videos for low key, Zumba or similar for really sweating it out.