My scale was broken!!!

Options
msafunk
msafunk Posts: 163 Member
I started Insanity on July 13th, and took my initial weight at 186.2. I was pretty devastated because I had gained 8lbs since I stopped tracking my calories a few months ago.

Since a lot of people say that the weight loss in the first few weeks of Insanity is unpredictable, I decided that I would avoid the scale until the fit test. When my second fit test came around, I measured huge losses in my measurements, but the scale still said 186.2... I shrugged it off as gaining muscle, and losing fat. It had also taken me almost an extra week to get to the fit test because of soccer games, illness and stuff.

Over the next two weeks, I stepped on the scale a few more times, and noticed that it was always 186.2, so I had my fiance step on it...

It was 186.2! So I reset the memory on the scale, and tried again. HUGE sigh of relief when it came up as 182.4. I've lost almost 4lbs!

I'm going to be taking my weight again in the morning, since I usually take my weight as soon as I wake up, before I eat anything. But I'm so happy. Logically, I know it's just a number, and my progress on the fit test, and my measurements are what matter, but I was getting so frustrated with the scale not moving.

Replies

• tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate :D
    At the beginning of my weight loss journey a while back I was using an old dial/analog scale that my parents have owned for like 20 years or something. I was seeing minimal changes after working my butt off like crazy, I couldn't believe it because I felt so great but truely wanted to see that progress.
    I finally decided to invest in a digital scale and step into the future, and I had lost like 10 pounds more than the little dial led me to believe!

So much frustration leading to so much relief :o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!