My little introduction

Options
Gooood morning everyone!

A little about myself, I'm Luke, I'm 31 years old and currently and a morbid weight of 25 stone on the dot.

I've yoyo'd my weight over the last 9/10 years, with my lowest being 18 stone, and heaviest around 26 and a half. Ultimately I want to lose fat and gain a level of fitness that enables me to run around with my boy. He's nearly 4, and the though of not being able to play with him when he's burning off steam terrifies me.

I don't lead the most healthy lifestyle as a hgv driver. But it's a lot better than it was! I've started by changing what I'm eating regularly, and moving more. Simple, yet hopefully effective. There was a time I'd have takeaway almost every night while sleeping in the truck. Now I've changed role, I'm home every night and managing to cook for myself. I'd regularly get my lunch meal from a petrol station, and usually would have a meal deal, 2 chocolate bars (they're always on offer) maybe some extra crisps, cookies, fizzy drink, latte.. Spending a fortune and really heavy on calories. I've changed it, but not stopped it. I'll no longer get 2 of most things.

I've set myself a few targets.

1 - be able to run 5k
2 - climb the 3 peaks
3 - reach 18 stone again
4 - get in under a 40 inch waist trousers
5 - fit comfortably in XL clothes instead of 4xl.

And mostly, enjoy seeing and feeling the change in my body shape and ability.

I'll update on here from time to time. Using the app to keep track of what I'm eating so I don't fall into old traps again.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Welcome Luke. Sounds like you have put some good thought into this.

Using your son as motivation is a great idea and can be very long lasting.
    Rugby with him in my 30's and 40's, cricket in my 50's and last year in my 60's I loved being able to do long cycle rides with my son, he's only just a bit younger than you!