Fix the bugs, please!

I'm starting to wonder exactly what I'm paying myfitnesspal for. I'm linked up correctly but my steps/calories aren't showing in realtime. It takes at least a day IF they post at all. That's not helping me plan my food intake. Myfitnesspal says it's their system. Again, what exactly am I paying for? They certainly take my payment in realtime.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    You can sync activity trackers with the free version, so I'm not sure what you are paying for either :)

You haven't provided enough info for the community to help you, and staff isn't going to see or act on this thread.

You could do a search for threads on troubleshooting your particular tracker brand.

Sometimes there are device-specific issues that clear up in time.

I've also seen people suggest you log out, clear your cache/cookies, log back in. And if that fails and you are doing this on your phone, to delete and reinstall your apps.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    you dont have to have premium to link your fitness tracker.

there is nothing premium offers that I need or would use often enough to be worth the cost, and I've been here almost 10 years.

fiitbit and mfp can be a bit spazzy sometimes at the best of times. toms of threads on ways to troubleshoot but i generally just wait it out lol
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Nobody pays for Fitbit syncing, FYI. It's available for free accounts.

If I paid for premium and my premium features were down, I'd probably be pretty steamed too. But you're not paying for the Fitbit sync, that's something that is available for everyone.

If my account overall wasn't worked as expected, I'd probably contact Customer Service. This recent update may also be of interest to you: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056777832-2021-Messaging-Regarding-the-Status-of-our-Fitbit-Integration
  • ALZ14
    ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
    I don’t pay for premium and I often have issues with delayed syncing with my Apple Watch (via pacer app).
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    My Fitbit hasn’t been syncing regularly for the last several weeks. I sent a help request and MFP responded but then it synced 3 days late and it seemed the problem was resolved. Now it stopped again. So frustrating!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,901 Member
    My fitbit wasn't syncing properly even after trying all the troubleshooting suggestions. I ended up opening a new fitbit account and there hasn't been an issue since. I lost about 6 months worth of fitbit data though, which disappointed me but oh well, technology isn't perfect.
  • mayyeewong2976
    mayyeewong2976 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too. I’ve just joined and at day 5, my Fitbit has decided it won’t sync! So frustrating. I don’t know whether to wait it out or reinstall everything? I’ve logged out and logged back into to this app (Myfitnesspal) but to no avail. So so frustrating when you’re trying to get real time data.