ArrggghHHH! Brand new car, meet the City of Sudbury Roads.

Options
Poobah1972
Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
Thought I'd vent.

We have a vegan coming over for dinner tonight (before we go back into the red zone on monday). Thought we would stop at a Vegan shop for a pickup a vegan desert for her.

And going about 5km an hour turning into said store, I took out my front grill of my 4 month old 2020 Camry Hybrid SE. I pray that perhaps the piece that is broken, isn't attached to the entire front end grill. *Crossing fingers*... Otherwise this Vegan Single Serving desert is going to cost me ~1000 bucks. I'm going to try to get the City to pay for it, perhaps my insurance can help on that front but either way. GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr!

5y91ps5upt3p.jpg
Entrance to store.

sv1g2dn2dra5.jpg
And the damage!

Venting over!

Replies

• Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you, that sucks!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Oh, no!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from Winnipeg. The worse roads in the world!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Well that's disheartening; sorry it happened to you!!
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    Thanks Guys,

I've already checked with the City's webpage... I have 10 days to file a claim, and they suggest I contact my insurance first... So I'll start the process this morning and see what my insurance has to say. Crossing my fingers this doesn't cost me more then a hour or 2 of missed work. But we shall see.
  • queenj30
    queenj30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. Are you enjoying your hybrid? I’ve sold a few hybrids lately and apparently they don’t start in the winter (according to my customers). Mind you, I’m in winterpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I live in Rome, Italy. If you were driving on the roads in this city, you'd be lucky if you were still sitting on 4 wheels after one day. Looking at the pic of your road, it looks perfectly fine to me.
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    queenj30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Are you enjoying your hybrid? I’ve sold a few hybrids lately and apparently they don’t start in the winter (according to my customers). Mind you, I’m in winterpeg

I'm loving it... My last vehicle was a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE, never had a single problem with it. And always started with ease. Then again I think out in winterpeg, you do tend to get extreme cold and wind more often then we do in sudbury. Seems were lucky to see -25 for a day or 2 around here. Seldom do we ever get to the -30 mark.

But yeah, literally no issues... End fun to drive believe it or not.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vegans Destroy Everything.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You probably don't realize it but you just saved a flamingo!