Staying fit for rodeo Anyone with me

Options
Hello. I am looking for motivation to eat better, and stay fit for rodeo. Any inspirational quote, or words of encouragemen, or ideas of healthy snacks to take with me would help a lot. Add me if you rodeo too.
Thanks

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you done the guided set-up on this site, and gotten your calorie target yet?

If not, start there. Try to hit that target each day, and give yourself grace if you miss now and then.

I don't rodeo, but I had a pony as a kid. ;)
  • rodeohand55
    rodeohand55 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have you done the guided set-up on this site, and gotten your calorie target yet?

If not, start there. Try to hit that target each day, and give yourself grace if you miss now and then.

Yup!
    I'm not exactly new but it's hard to keep up with
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yup!
    I'm not exactly new but it's hard to keep up with

It gets easier the longer you use it. Making "recipes" of meals you eat often helps. I have a "recipe" entered for oatmeal, grilled cheese sandwiches, my typical Subway sandwich order, all kinds of things. Then I don't have to enter every ingredient. I just log the "recipe", and done!
  • rodeohand55
    Options
    Yeah. I have recipes too. But i'm so bustpy with our farm and horses and everything I just forget to do it lol
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I have recipes too. But i'm so bustpy with our farm and horses and everything I just forget to do it lol

You might be a candidate for some food prep, or at least planning. When I am busy, I know that I can have the same breakfast and lunch for a few days in a row, and prelog them all at the same time. Mine aren't actually prepped - for example, I like yogurt with berries and seeds - but if I know that is what I have lined up for breakfast, I can look at how many servings I have available and log that many days worth of breakfast.

• rodeohand55
    Options
    Thanks! That's an awesome idea!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You might be a candidate for some food prep, or at least planning. When I am busy, I know that I can have the same breakfast and lunch for a few days in a row, and prelog them all at the same time. Mine aren't actually prepped - for example, I like yogurt with berries and seeds - but if I know that is what I have lined up for breakfast, I can look at how many servings I have available and log that many days worth of breakfast.

And I typically log my entire food day before breakfast. Then I can just make a few tweaks if anything changes.
  • rodeohand55
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!