Accountability Buddies?

vfisher1105
vfisher1105 Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support
My weight is a freaking yo-yo! I am forcing myself to actually follow through with my goals. I need friends going through this same song and dance to help my motivation and urge me to stay on track. Any takers? : )

Replies

• IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt... each time, I lose about 30 lbs (still far from my goal weight), maintain that for a month or two, then put it all back on. This time, I'm having problems going in the down direction; I can't get a grip on my appetite and want snacks at night.

Hang in there, stay consistent and be persistent... good things will come your way!
  • emzoe13
    emzoe13 Posts: 11 Member
    I could use an accountability buddy too! Sounds so familiar, losing the weight then putting it right back. I'm closer to my goal than I was at the beginning of the year but have put some weight back on in the last few weeks and having trouble finding the motivation.
  • ceruleanCrush
    ceruleanCrush Posts: 4 Member
    Add me! Im back after losing 60 pounds but then gained it all back over the last few years. Just turned 30 so im back and ready to lose it again
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    I'm working on losing the 30 I've gained in the past year! I'd really like to lose my weight and finally maintain it!
  • mtumale
    mtumale Posts: 17 Member
    Exactly what I need right now! About 8 years ago I lost 86lbs and over the last 6 years after losing my mom unexpectedly I gained it all back and then some. I am back down about 40 right now but I am far from my goal and going to be turning 50 this year and I want to at least have the feeling that I am staying on track and on a healthy path.
  • Gonna follow, let’s crush these goals!
  • vfisher1105
    I'm working on losing the 30 I've gained in the past year! I'd really like to lose my weight and finally maintain it!

Let's do this!
  • vfisher1105
    Hey all! I didn't think anyone responded because I didn't receive a notification. I sent you all friend requests. Yay! Thank you!!!
  • vfisher1105
    mtumale wrote: »
    Exactly what I need right now! About 8 years ago I lost 86lbs and over the last 6 years after losing my mom unexpectedly I gained it all back and then some. I am back down about 40 right now but I am far from my goal and going to be turning 50 this year and I want to at least have the feeling that I am staying on track and on a healthy path.

We can do it!
  • Pyr0catalyst
    Pyr0catalyst Posts: 22 Member
    Count me in! I can most certainly use an accounta-buddy!
    I'm not new to myfitnesspal, though, have gained the weight that I lost back. It'd be cool to get more active friends on this app. :smiley:

PS: When sending me a friend request, please introduce yourself and remind me where we've interacted, or if you've read this post. I've been receiving random friend requests lately, and it's been hard to filter through bots or actual humans, lol.
  • Hatsheput
    Hatsheput Posts: 15 Member
    Feel free to add me, I've been working on losing the pandemic weight I had put on in the last year
  • Bp2021go
    Bp2021go Posts: 6 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • NannMC
    NannMC Posts: 19 Member
    I've been on MFP for 9 years. There should be a roller coaster named MFP, because I swear I've been on it!! Started again in 2021 following a year off to nurse a nagging disc injury that exercise exacerbated. It still hurts, but with lots of core work and slowly ramping up the exercise intensity, I know I can do it! I'm down 10 so far - 10 more to feel good in my clothes again, 20 more to need new clothes, and 30 more to meet the goal weight I've been after for 9 years, but never break the plateau.
  • Pyr0catalyst
    Pyr0catalyst Posts: 22 Member
    NannMC wrote: »
    I've been on MFP for 9 years. There should be a roller coaster named MFP, because I swear I've been on it!! Started again in 2021 following a year off to nurse a nagging disc injury that exercise exacerbated. It still hurts, but with lots of core work and slowly ramping up the exercise intensity, I know I can do it! I'm down 10 so far - 10 more to feel good in my clothes again, 20 more to need new clothes, and 30 more to meet the goal weight I've been after for 9 years, but never break the plateau.

Totally understand that and I can wholeheartedly relate!
  • NannMC
    NannMC Posts: 19 Member
    Feel free to add me. I can talk heavy lifting, kettlebells, yoga, running, and hating vegetables. :smiley:
  • Umer77
    Umer77 Posts: 8 Member
    Accountability buddies are really helpful
  • judyrae777
    judyrae777 Posts: 10 Member
    Please! I can also use tons of accountability and support !! Helps and tips always welcome.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    I'm looking for accountability friends as well!
  • mechelemc
    mechelemc Posts: 59 Member

Starting over for hopefully the last time. I’ve got a long way to go and I’m learning to take it one day at a time. Starting weight also my heaviest 286
    CW 277
    GW125
    Height 5’ on a good day lol
    Looking for friends who are on a similar journey. I’m in it for the long haul. Trying to exercise 5 days a week. I do well with low carb or dirty keto. I have food sensitivities so I go by what works with me. I like fasting but it can send me into a binging fit so concentrating on calories and working out for now. I’m a good cheerleader too. Definitely love to spread positive vibes. 💜 Good luck 🍀
  • vfisher1105
    Hatsheput wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, I've been working on losing the pandemic weight I had put on in the last year

Saame!