Fitbit not populating to mfp

Does the mfp only track steps from fitbit? I just did a 45 minute workout and it only tracked my steps. I pushed play on my exercise and it recorded to my fitbit app.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If you're seeing an adjustment, then your sync is working. Individual exercise events will never sync to MFP, it's only an overall adjustment.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Exercise number is the adjustment from fitbit. It includes cal burn using the tracker (above what mfp think you're burning/goal)
  • sonyamurawski
    sonyamurawski Posts: 8 Member
    I think I’m having the same issue. I use Fitbit and the steps sync to MFP but the calories don’t change. Can’t figure out what the problem is.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    If you're seeing an adjustment, then your sync is working. Individual exercise events will never sync to MFP, it's only an overall adjustment.

Is this only fitbit? I briefly connected my garmin watch, and it synced a run and a hike over, with completely ridiculous database entries. I unlinked it again.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,101 Member
    yirara wrote: »

Is this only fitbit? I briefly connected my garmin watch, and it synced a run and a hike over, with completely ridiculous database entries. I unlinked it again.

What do you mean by ridiculous database entries? With Garmin, unlike Fitbit, you'll always see separate exercise entries carried over. I've noticed that the pace isn't always accurate though.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Fitbit will register individual exercises, but populates MFP as calories burned overall. If the "calories don't change", it could be that you've got negative adjustments on (which is the correct way of using both btw). As far as the algorithms are concerned, at that point in the day you've burned as many calories as your activity level says you should. If it goes down, you've been less active. If or goes up, you get more 'exercise ' calories...
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2021
    I think I’m having the same issue. I use Fitbit and the steps sync to MFP but the calories don’t change. Can’t figure out what the problem is.

What's your activity level set to? If it's 'Active' or something other than sedentary, you possibly haven't burned enough extra calories above your activity level to give you additional adjustments.

Also what skinnyrev mentioned about making sure to enable negative adjustments.
  • sonyamurawski
    sonyamurawski Posts: 8 Member
    I do not have negative calories enabled, I have sedentary chosen. It was working just fine until a couple days ago. One day I had 5,000 steps and no calorie adjustment, even though I used too. I have a Versa 2, there was an update a few days ago and I’m thinking that’s where the issue is. I’ve used a Fitbit with MFP for quite a while and have never had this issue.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    yirara wrote: »

Every sync has to use a database entry name - but the calories is from the device.

The device maker decides what they want to send - MFP has open API's for sending a lot of info.
    Fitbit has decided to send no workouts, just the daily burn which effects the adjustment.

Garmin and others send the daily burn and any workouts over, both if which effect the adjustment that MFP does.
  • ageingtechno
    ageingtechno Posts: 22 Member
    Hi, although its good to have activity trackers sync with MFP as it shows your commitment to health and fitness and encourages others, the primary question is why are you on MFP? The follow on once that is answered is why is it important that your tracker info is on MFP?