Back at it again

Options
I was at my goal weight about 8 years ago. I haven’t been back there since. It is time to get back to it! I have about 35lbs to lose total. I am doing heavier cardio 3 days a week and weight lifting 3 days a week.

A bit about me:
I am a mom of 7.
I live in Madagascar.
I volunteer in a NICU at a bush hospital.
I am doing school online working towards a medical degree.
I homeschool my kiddos.
I have been married for almost 18 years.
I will be turning 37 this month.

I’m looking for some people to encourage and to get encouragement.

Tell me about you. :)

Replies

• turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Im a mom of 3 homeschooled kids in Florida.
    I was at my goal weight about 5 years ago, and then I got pregnant with baby #3. Had some health and physical issues since, but now Im working to get off about 20-25 lbs.
    Mostly doing walking and biking, along with bodyweight strength, like squat variations and pushups, because I have foot and neck issues.

😊
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add I just turned 40 😞, and Ive been married 13 years
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hello! I'm 32, in the US (Idaho). I homeschool my two kiddos, married 13 years. I was also at my "goal body" about 5 years ago before I had my second baby, I felt like I was getting it back (slowly but surely) when I had a major surgery about 2 years later, and I just haven't bounced back. But I feel like my body and mind are ready and I'm excited ☺️
  • zephtalah1
    zephtalah1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add I just turned 40 😞, and I've been married 13 years

No sad faces bout turning 40. You have earned those years and the experiences that have taught you much in them.

I totally understand the health and physical issues that derail the weight. I have had some bumps along the way that sent my weight way off kilter. I am working on fixing that now. We've got this!
  • zephtalah1
    Options
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    Hello! I'm 32, in the US (Idaho). I homeschool my two kiddos, married 13 years. I was also at my "goal body" about 5 years ago before I had my second baby, I felt like I was getting it back (slowly but surely) when I had a major surgery about 2 years later, and I just haven't bounced back. But I feel like my body and mind are ready and I'm excited ☺️

Your profile pic looks pretty amazing to me. I had a pretty major surgery last year that I definitely lost strength from. I am ready to deal with it all now. I haven't been at my goal weight in since my twins were about a 16 months old or so. I was super happy with where I was then and really want to get back there. It is time to put that in to action!
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    zephtalah1 wrote: »
    elsie_fair wrote: »

Your profile pic looks pretty amazing to me. I had a pretty major surgery last year that I definitely lost strength from. I am ready to deal with it all now. I haven't been at my goal weight in since my twins were about a 16 months old or so. I was super happy with where I was then and really want to get back there. It is time to put that in to action!

That's what I'm trying to get back to lol, I guess I should put a recent pic on there but it's motivating to look at every day. I was really strong and fit, and just felt great overall.
    I've got a decent amount more body fat and even though I've really embraced my body as-is (I ♥️ the way I look naked honestly lmao) I really want that level of strength and conditioning again.
    Plus at 5'6" and 155lbs I'm right up at the "overweight" level BMI 😬
  • zephtalah1
    Options

That's what I'm trying to get back to lol, I guess I should put a recent pic on there but it's motivating to look at every day. I was really strong and fit, and just felt great overall.
    I've got a decent amount more body fat and even though I've really embraced my body as-is (I ♥️ the way I look naked honestly lmao) I really want that level of strength and conditioning again.
    Plus at 5'6" and 155lbs I'm right up at the "overweight" level BMI 😬[/quote]

I totally get that. I have motivational pictures of myself too. It helps to remember that your body can get back to where it has before.

I am overweight too, but I don’t dislike the way I currently look. It is more about strengthening and being healthier. :)
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Im in the US (Texas). I’m just starting back on MFP and trying to connect with others so I stay motivated (feel free to friend me). I was at my gw 5 yrs ago, but as I inch towards 40, I’m finding it harder to keep the weight off and stay toned. I don’t have a ton of weight to lose, but my bf % is pretty high so I definitely need to get my eating and exercise under control.

About me:
    5’4”
    131 lbs; gw 118
    I’ll be 38 this Saturday.
    Married for 18 yrs.
    17 yr old twin daughters
    SAHM
    Volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center