Calories in Costco rotisserie chicken?

Okay, so I LOVE Costco's rotisserie chicken but am not sure about the calories...

According to Daily Meal "for each 3.5-ounce serving of the Costco chicken, there are 138 calories, 347 milligrams of sodium, 6 grams of fat and 17 grams of protein." This breaks down to approx. 40 calories per oz. This would mean that for a 3 lb. chicken, or 48 oz, that there are 1,920 calories in the entire thing. Idk but this seems like a WAY underestimated count imo.

Can anyone else weigh in on this? THANKS!

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    For it to be even remotely correct, the bones must be included in the weight.
  • NannMC
    NannMC Posts: 19 Member
    Costco sells it off the bone as well. I bought it and, I believe, found it in the database.
  • NannMC
    NannMC Posts: 19 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I've always wondered about foods that contain inedible parts. Do we need to include that weight in our logging even though we don't eat it?
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2021
    I weigh my plate before and after - noting light or dark meat - and then log the amount of meat eaten. Since I usually eat the dark meat first, I'll get different calories:grams counts for each serving. I share the very fatty parts with my very spoiled cat. 😺
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    NannMC wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I've always wondered about foods that contain inedible parts. Do we need to include that weight in our logging even though we don't eat it?

Normally, no. The USDA entries or (unless they say otherwise) package entries do not. The best entries at MFP are the USDA entries. So the banana doesn't count the peel weight and the chicken doesn't count the bone weight (except for perhaps this weird Costco one).