Post Pandemic World

Options
Today was one year since my work team was sent home to work remotely. For some of us, it's now become permanent. During a team meeting this morning, I asked the group to reflect on the last year, and I referenced the Facebook post below, posted by my wife on 1/1. Tragically, she passed away a week later. It's truly a heartbreaking message for me to read, but it also gives us a lot of hope.

"2020. A year that, while there are definitely recurring themes, meant different things to different people.

There was loss and pain. Worry and concern. Disappointment and a whole lot of head scratching.

There was also joy if you took the time to look for it. There were opportunities if you were open to them. There was even success if you worked for it.

As we step (lightly and with caution!) into 2021, I challenge you to choose joy, seek out opportunity, and work for success. You just never know what you might accomplish."

~Rhonda Barth, 1975-2021

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @JohnBarth - What a beautiful and thoughtful message. I didn’t know your wife but, the way you remember her and the message she shared at the transition to a new year really capture the essence of the special person she was. I’m sorry for your deep loss and hope her memory inspires you as you continue on your journey.
  • WalkAwayRenee86
    WalkAwayRenee86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm sure your wife was a wonderful woman. You are keeping her love and positivity alive by carrying those memories with you. God bless you, John.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,137 Member
    Options
    John,
    My condolence on the passing of your wife, and thank you for posting that inspiring and loving message. May the memory of your life together bring you peace and help you cope with your grief. G.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    John, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Rhonda's words of hope with us.

Hugs...
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. Last week was one of the more challenging weeks so far, but today seems to be starting off better. Like everything we do, it's just constantly trying to find a path forward!
  • ceruleanCrush
    ceruleanCrush Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss... Sending you healing vibes. Praying 🙏
  • Snackattackz
    Snackattackz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im so so sorry for your loss John :(