Water weight or weight gain?

Options
Sarah21797
Sarah21797 Posts: 16 Member
edited March 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
I started losing weight around 1 year ago. Approx 1 stone in a total. Last November I reached my target weight at 8.10 stone and I stayed at this weight until the last month. 8.10 was my average and this varied between 8.9 and 8.12 on a daily basis.

Over the last 3 weeks my weight seems to have stayed at 8.12 every day. The initial jump was from 8.10 to 8.12 but it hasn’t gone below 8.12 for 3 weeks? Is it possible to have water retention for this long? My diet has not changed at all calories wise, if anything I have been eating less calories the last couple weeks due to the gain.

Do you think this is water weight or weight gain?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I don't think 3 weeks is long enough to make a determination either way, but maybe sit back for a minute and realize you're worried about two pounds.
  • Sarah21797
    Options
    Thanks. I know it seems silly in the grand scheme of things it’s just that I’m worried that in another 2 months I’ll have put half the weight back on I lost! I didn’t lose massive amount to start with
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    That inexplicable weight gain happened to me just this morning! It was really disheartening. I'm not sure about the cause, but having lost 5 of my 7 stone goal, there have been weeks where the scale has either not budged or -EGAD! - crept upwards defying all logic. This sometimes happens when my meal timing or meal volume fluctuates. Even though my daily calorie intake stays firmly in calorie deficit, I've noticed scale weirdness can happen when I eat more sugar and starch that usual.

At those times, I just step away from the scale for several days and concentrate on lowering my carb intake. That usually does the trick.
  • Sarah21797
    Options
    Thank you, that’s useful. Well done on 5 stone loss that’s amazing!