two year success

rwood566
rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
two years ago today i was accepted into a home based medical unit at the V.A. i was unable to go to the hospital due to my size, so they came to me - a lot. lol i started at 566 pounds and today i'm 220 pounds lighter. it's been a long hard slog but i've been consistant. I've been losing 10-12 lbs a month since october 2019 just by eating smarter and walking. i'm able to walk 3 miles 2-3 times a week. i eat 1700-2000 calories a day. it's slow progress but steady.

Replies

• Elystriel
    Elystriel Posts: 32 Member
    That is awesome! Be so proud of the work you have done. 220 pounds is an incredible loss and your walking mileage is impressive. Keep it up!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Way to go, that is fantastic! :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Absolutely inspiring!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Congratulations, that is so good to hear! I feel inspired by your post this morning.... thanks for posting 👌
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 360 Member
    Congratulations! Two years is some dedication :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    That's really impressive progress!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Super happy for you! Can't wait to see more posts from you in the future! :smiley:
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Awesome! You are making excellent progress and should be very proud of what you have/are accomplishing for your health! Inspiring!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    MFP Rockstar in the house! B)
  • vickiejefferson2
    vickiejefferson2 Posts: 1 Member
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    You are an example of what eating smart and walking consistently can do. I am so happy for you and very proud of you as you should be too. Well deserved success, awesome progress!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,128 Member
    Great outcome- You are doing this!!! Congratulations, and continue to take care of yourself. :)
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    First of all, thank you for your service to our country. You are to be commended on your diligence in getting to a healthier lifestyle. It is never too late to start and never too late to achieve your goals. God bless you, and keep up the excellent progress you are making. I look forward to hearing more from you. Do you have any pictures to show your progress. If not, start now.
  • Annawan24
    Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
    That's fantastic, great job. Keep it up!
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race! Congratulations on your progress, and thank you for sharing it. So inspiring!
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    What an inspiring post. Your consistency has paid off. It must feel great to walk and participate in activities that weren’t possible at 566 lbs
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    That is amazing!!!!! I am so proud of you (I am 100% sincere!)
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Fantastic dedication and progress, you are well on your way! Keep posting and thank you for your service.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    That is fantastic consistent progress! You must be feeling so proud of yourself and so much better! What a new lease on life. I can't wait to hear updates as your progress continues! :)
  • FindingSkinnyPaige
    FindingSkinnyPaige Posts: 10 Member
    AMEN! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!