I just gotta know if this has happened to you...

Options
My coach suggested an eating window for me from 8-4. At first I was stressed about not getting enough food so I crammed it all in to include yogurt for dessert before 4. I woke up with a headache the second day, no biggie. Had coffee, water and breakfast and it was gone. The weird thing is that I am really not that interested in eating. I would have thought I would be excited to eat but no. I just had 1/2 cu cottage cheese and a light dinner and here we are back in the fast. I am not hungry.

Meals used to be entertainment, family gatherings that I would love to cook for but it seems like food is now just a tool to nourish my body, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone have experience with an eating window?

Replies

• WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I don't have an experience with an eating window. I was just curious on why your coach suggest 8-4 would be best for you?
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think because I work out in the AM.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I work out in the am and my eating window is still noon to 8:00
  • HilTri
    Options
    I think I might like that better. I put collagen in my coffee I can’t give up my coffee. I have only been at this for three days now. Did you notice any changes with your appetite?
  • laurawalton6079
    laurawalton6079 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My eating window is between 12-6. I've been so surprised by appetite correction, there are days when I really struggle to get up to 1200 calories (I'm aiming for 1500!). This is so bizzare, you don't get to be the weight I am now without some serious overeating issues. The correction is real man!
  • HilTri
    Options
    What do you mean when you say appetite correction? Is that a real thing because that sounds exactly like what is happening. This is so crazy. I used to workout 6 days a week for 2-4 hours a day eating next to nothing. My new coach has me eating full fat dairy and really nutritious healthy foods. I am even getting off Coke Zero, I just don’t have the taste for it or Flamin Hot Popcorn! I feel so, so much better and the window eating is just magical. I only work out an hour a day now. I have so much time in my days, feel so much stronger and am always satiated. Thanks for talking to me about this.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Eating is part of life..being a human being. I understand that some people with binge eating problems find an eating window helpful. But you have to live you life and be normal. I don't get why a trainer would put you on such an abnormal eating plan like that. Maybe you have aggressive short term goals. But, you may want to give some thought of how you're going to live your entire life at a healthy weight.
  • HilTri
    Options
    Thank you. I think my calories went down and I am working out less, more strength less cardio. I do feel good. I am happy.
  • HilTri
    Options
    I agree, I tried it for a month and have decided it isn’t for me. Thanks for your info.
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    My coach suggested an eating window for me from 8-4. At first I was stressed about not getting enough food so I crammed it all in to include yogurt for dessert before 4. I woke up with a headache the second day, no biggie. Had coffee, water and breakfast and it was gone. The weird thing is that I am really not that interested in eating. I would have thought I would be excited to eat but no. I just had 1/2 cu cottage cheese and a light dinner and here we are back in the fast. I am not hungry.

Meals used to be entertainment, family gatherings that I would love to cook for but it seems like food is now just a tool to nourish my body, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone have experience with an eating window?

I haven't done it but now that you say it it reminds me that I know people that have. It has worked for them. That's an interesting tool that I might look into for myself. Thanks for sharing.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    I agree, I tried it for a month and have decided it isn’t for me. Thanks for your info.

I hate when that happens. :neutral: