The MFP Gratitude Journal (Thread)

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
I thought this might be a fun exercise for a lot of us seeing as how we all struggle from time to time; we all have days where nothing is going right or life is piling up stressors faster than you can stack a Jenga tower. I know I could use more forethought into thinking about things I am grateful exist, people who are special, small acts of kindness, etc.

I'm sure this thread has been done before, but I can't find it and I'm not digging up 20 years worth of threads to find it. :tongue:

So if you can think of something, big or small you have gratitude toward, you can post it in here.

zk80vqj7w8xl.gif

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    Options
    • I am grateful (currently) that I was not automatically told I have to have a root canal, but am sad that we did not discover the reason I have sensitivity across several teeth. There is a problematic tooth with high pain sensitivity to cold, but we're watching it as x-rays did not indicate that it was dead or dying and it doesn't hurt outside of extremely cold things being run across it or biting on it in a specific way.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    • I am grateful today that most of the items I ordered for my son's Easter basket/egg hunt arrived on time. Especially because gifts I ordered for my husband for his birthday never arrived (from the same company) and I had to request refunds or cancel orders outright for never shipping.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!
    Today I am thankful for being all caught up!! Bills paid!! Wonderful feeling!! I am thankful for getting to take a break Today!! I am thankful for going to the beach tomorrow!! I am thankful for this thread!! I am thankful for all the gratitude posts y'all posted and the inspiration that came from it!! Thank you thank you thank you!!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    This morning I'm grateful for:
    • the sun breaking through after several days of rain and drear
    • just the RIGHT amount of sugar-free syrup in my favorite local coffee joint's brew
    • the funky smell of spring onions as I cut across the unmown grass to my office
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    The ability to use visualization to finish today's round of 500 KB swings.

It's something I tried on the fly (hmm, swing? 🤔) but will now research to see if there's any evidence-based tips I can leverage for better results.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    * Grateful for a good, action-y thunderstorm. :heart:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    • Grateful when new recipes turn out or when recipes don't work out as written, but I am knowledgeable enough to salvage what's there to make an excellent meal.
    • Furry companions. Some days are really bad and the love of a family member with fur goes a long way when sometimes, interaction with other humans just won't do, even those I care about immensely.
    • The brilliance of seeing two foxes on my walk last night. Gorgeous creatures. Happy to see them anytime.