Graphs

tbduarte1
tbduarte1 Posts: 84 Member
In the middle of a big undertaking of losing well over 100 lbs and am looking for motivation when it comes to fluctuating weigh ins. Could some of yall post your weight loss graphs so I can look at the fluctuations and know my own are normal. It will be motivation for me as I continue this path.

THANK YOU

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    This is my weight plot from last year.

0vmu69rti970.png
  • InuvikNT
    InuvikNT Posts: 4 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Dang! What did you do in October?

I ended my last relationship.

Hahahaha same here, amazingly when I did the same back in 2018 I dropped 30 pounds in 2 months. It sucks when your SO doesn't want to follow the same diet and eats junk in front of you, let alone never exercise with you.
  • J_NY_Z
    edited March 2021
    InuvikNT wrote: »
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Dang! What did you do in October?

I ended my last relationship.

Hahahaha same here, amazingly when I did the same back in 2018 I dropped 30 pounds in 2 months. It sucks when your SO doesn't want to follow the same diet and eats junk in front of you, let alone never exercise with you.

When I moved out I went low carb, dropped the weight fast. All my lifts suffered. I'm back up to 212 pounds and lifting like a strongman.
  • J_NY_Z
    Here's this year so far...

a475z29k8l02.png
  • derbygraham
    derbygraham Posts: 47 Member
    kn73l4z4kd8p.png I am in the 42nd day of my 100 day challenge. In short, I have to watch my calorie intake and weigh myself everyday. I also added 'no bread' and 'no alcohol'. Exercise (calorie outtake) I don't really consider. The important thing is what calories I am taking in and making sure they dont go over 1500 calories per day. Hope to reach my target of below 75kg before the end of the challenge.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    tbduarte1 wrote: »
    In the middle of a big undertaking of losing well over 100 lbs and am looking for motivation when it comes to fluctuating weigh ins. Could some of yall post your weight loss graphs so I can look at the fluctuations and know my own are normal. It will be motivation for me as I continue this path.

THANK YOU

Do you use a weight trending app like Libra or Happyscale? They might help show you your weight trend.

This is my Libra below. The dots are individual weigh-ins, the line is the trend.

z0uzkj7dk7vt.png
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Here's my daily weigh-in graph since last May. You can see that I collect the data month by month (slowing down my weight loss as i move into maintenance shows up in the overlapping lines since November):

nz29bbzyte5j.png

And here is the curve smoothed by plotting the monthly averages (April is set to plot today's running average for March):

wjizde7z5dpp.png

You can see the blip in February... On track again now and moving towards my goal weight.

• foilguard
    foilguard Posts: 1 Member
    I found that in weighing myself more regularly/daily, I ended up caring a little less about individual numbers and instead got more out of the trends (which you can see in this graph as I include an average YTD and average for the last week). This put less pressure on any one day's weight, since it was just going to be one data point on a line.

vu9xhh1132ex.png

Also, I started tracking each time I hit a new lowest weight for myself, giving those data points a separate trendline. This made a nice way to be able to see progress unaffected by daily fluctuation, as that line can only remain level or go down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!