Anyone have any weight loss success with lymphedema?

If so, what is your diet and exercise routine like? I’m frustrated due to fluid retention.

Replies

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I have severe lymphedema in both legs. One is more severe than the other. I lost over 100 lbs 5 years ago. I have gained some back in the pat year. I don't know what size you are or how much you want to lose. The lymphedema is definitely a barrier but not an impossible feat.
    When I lost the weight, my legs went down, but they never got anywhere close to "normal". I try to drink more water, but sometimes I feel that it only adds to my lymphedema. Right now I am trying to lose weight again and I am trying to figure out if I need to drink more or less water. To answer your question. I have had weight loss success with lymphedema.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I assume you have proper compressive garment? Asking because a friend of mine was not given the right type of stockings (his is in his legs) and hence his lymphoedema got worse. Yeah, fluid retention is a problem for you, but give it time, wait at least 6 weeks before deciding this isn't working. Especially with fluid retention issues this is so important <3