It was time.

Options
Hello,
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2019.

My doctor encourages me all the time to exercise. She says it's going to help me feel better.

I also have Major Depressive Disorder.

One day, in January of this year, I was looking at a BMI chart. I looked at my height, 61 inches and my weight, 167 pounds. The shock when I realized I was considered obese!

I couldn't believe it! I thought I was a little chubby.

Then, I decided that I needed to make changes in my life.

I started out with Noom, but that was too expensive. Switched to MFP.

If I over exercise, I get a fibromyalgia flare up. Then I'm extremely tired and fatigued. But my mood is peaceful.

I'm trying to find that balance.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd like to connect with more people who have fibromyalgia and mental illness.

#fibromyalgia
#depression

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Wishing you all good things! I am a big believer that small things done faithfully make the biggest difference in life -- in relationships, health, everything. Make your changes small and gentle but be consistent and you will be rewarded with lasting change.
  • mogotecoyote
    mogotecoyote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kindness and encouragement!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I dont have fibro but have chronic pain and depression. Im on antidepressants which have really helped. Exercise helps with both. I just really have to listen to my body. My planned lifting day can turn into just a walk because pf pain. It takes some trial and error but you will find that balance!
  • mogotecoyote
    mogotecoyote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!