Life or death...I chose life and am almost to my goal of 100 lbs lost!!!

Options
dreakat777
dreakat777 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2021 in Success Stories
From years of eating poorly and drinking I landed myself in the ICU with necrotizing pancreatis. I developed an ulcer and had to have 11 blood transfusions as well as a blood clot removed from my lung. I vowed to myself and loved ones I would turn it all around if I were blessed with the opportunity to change.

I lost 82.2 lbs in 10 months. I ate low-carb with lean protein, fruits, and berries. I went for walks, sprinted up the hills at the park, skateboarded and biked. I went back to just walking and ate mostly like a vegetarian while I cooked in a kitchen. That had it's busy moments, but largely had little orders which resulted in sitting around, so I started lifting weights and dancing in between orders.

I drank water, diet tea and juice, diet soda, and sf bangs. I would make lots of mozzarella cheese sticks and other junk at times but would also eat well. I maintained my weight but got poor sleep from the late night hours until...

I quit my late night bar kitchen job. I cut out negative influences and environments. I just completed my first week of kickboxing. I got my gloves the 2nd day before class and didn't stop. As a result of working out at a high-intensity level, I've slept better, my mind is more clear, I'm happier, have gotten more definition and also gained muscle mass...as well as a new perspective.

Abstaining from alcohol and tons of caffeine has helped tremendously this month. I've been hungrier and only reaching for healthy food 70% of the time out of convenience. I'm bumping it up hardcore this Monday and nothing will stop me, only myself and I will not let that happen if I can help it.

I weighed in at 169.2 today. I'm only 20 lbs away from my goal. I'm going low-carb again.I'm going to drop more fat and replace it with more muscle. In the studio I jog to get my heart rate going, punch, kick, do jumping jacks, suicides, mountain-toppers, burpees, bear crawls, sprawls, wall crawls, russian twists, leg lifts, and planks. I still walk and have built it up to jogging and skateboard often.

I am grateful for my supportive family and friends and will not take this new lease on life for granted. I am glad I didn't give up. May we all march forward with our heads held high, no matter the strife. We will make it out of the dark tunnel toward the light of actualized dreams.

Stay strong in body, mind, and spirit.
We can do anything.
-Andrea-

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wow, you ARE an inspiration! Good attitude and way of confronting issues head on, not giving up!

You will make it because you have the mindset and drive it takes. :)
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your story. You are the poster child for overcoming adversities. Wishing you continued success in your journey. You are truly an inspiration.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! Changing your life and re-wiring a mindset, specifically one that you were taught at childhood, in my opinion is the hardest challenge to over come ❤️
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations on taking your health into your own hands and choosing life!
  • TiredMom2021
    TiredMom2021 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done! You are an inspiration!
  • edflood
    edflood Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tremendous accomplishment and great writing! Keep up the fight!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You took ACTION without any massive rationalization and excuses. Your positive choices have shaped all of your new preferences. Your success is the outcome of ACTION and a burning passion to change everything.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • JudyCoventry917
    JudyCoventry917 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great fortitude! Never forget your reasons!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    What an incredible story about bravely facing all your challenges with honesty and determination! This post is going to help so many people that are in the boat you were in a few months ago. You are a shining example of success. Thanks for the motivation.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You have grown tremendously in this past year. Congratulations on your hard work and willingness to change.
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    bookmarking you. I need to re-read this often. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!