My stupid question!

Options
Ok so I tried to hit my target today of 1200 calories BUT I did kickboxing today wich wasy over 500calorie burn. SO my question is this because of the exercise that put me over 700 calories from my goal of 1200 do I have to make up those calories in a given day. The thing yelled at me about not taking in enough calories.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    MFP wants you to eat your exercise calories. You will come across many different opinions on here if you should eat all, partial or none of the calories. It would be best to read the following for more information.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    NO QUESTION IS STUPID IF YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!!

You may have asked a question someone else is too shy to ask!:flowerforyou:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I only get yelled at if I do not eat all my 1200 calories. This site is happy if I do that. If you do not want to eat all of your exercise calories, why not eat half? Couldn't hurt. :drinker: (water)
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are you using a heart rate monitor? It's possible you didn't burn that many calories, which I think is why some people who eat back only half their exercise calories are still successful. I used the online calc on here (and elsewhere) when I first started, but I love my HRM and it's a lot better.
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    ok seriously i never get yelled at hahah....so how do i fix that...i would love to get told off if i'm doing something wrong haha