Food scale

Options
I have an older food scale, it still works but it is inconvenient. It is small and a dinner plate overlaps the "weight". I would like to get a newer one with a larger platform. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    There are many choices for under $20

I bought the below, to keep at work where I eat 1-2 meals a day. It's cheap and cheerful, and I can read it with a plate.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H7Z2W98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2prwalpfzb4x.png
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I like this one for a few reasons. First it is larger capacity than many. It can hold and report up to 33 pounds. So even the pot for my 7 quart slow cooker when full of potato soup: can be weighed on this scale. My casserole dishes and such with food in them would max out most scales that only go up to 11 pounds.

AND this scale can be charged by USB cable, and you can use the scale while it is charging. With regular batteries there always comes a time when the batteries need to be replaced and you can't find any and that is a nuisance. Especially if you're in the middle of food prep.

It is rectangular in shape, and I've not had a problem with putting plates, dishes on and not being able to read the display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XZKBSDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Allgaun wrote: »
    I have an older food scale, it still works but it is inconvenient. It is small and a dinner plate overlaps the "weight". I would like to get a newer one with a larger platform. Any recommendations?

A big plate can overlap the digital readout on pretty much any scale. I put a small bowl on the scale, then zero it out and put my bigger plate on the scale. Voila! I can easily see the digital display.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have a taylor that is good size. IT can fit a dinner plate, mixing bowl etc with out interferring with being able to see the numbers $15 at costco