Body positivity almost killed me - VIDEO link

Hey guys im trying to open up about my weight loss journey and i just posted this video
i hope something i say can help you

i started at over 300 pounds and im under 150

https://youtu.be/SW3mdYrvxvI

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    amazing transformation. Congrats.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mray5894
    mray5894 Posts: 13 Member
    💯REMARKABLE----💯AMAZING
    💯MAGNIFICO----🥂
  • Brooke2305
    Brooke2305 Posts: 11 Member
    You rock!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 491 Member
    Thanks so much for sharing this, you've done an amazing job of finding a healthy life for your future. Inspiring!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Really words fail me. It’s a terrific video. And I’ve been involved in weight loss a long time. Can’t recall seeing anything quite like this. Congratulations.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Wow! Really, wow! Thanks for sharing your insights! I love everything you said! You go girl!!!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited March 2021
    Brill! Love what you have said! I remember a time at my work’s gym - years ago now, where a perv couldn’t stop looking at my boobs, which always have been horribly ginormous..... never went back and this has stayed with me ever since! Gonna let this go now.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited March 2021
    Amazing work... I do have people in my life that tell me I worry to much about my body. Why lose weight? at 450+ I'm thinking like, well living more then 10 years would be nice? But yeah, I think there is a very safe place you can be and be fairly over weight, and sure have all the body positivness you want... There is also a point for many of us, where I do agree the only person you fooling is yourself. For me and I suppose many, we aren't even fooling ourselves. We accept we gave up, and we just exist and get our sole nourishment and love as a cupcake you mentioned from the food we gorge upon while we push the inner voice that knows better to the farthest reaches of our subconscious.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration and the emotional moment you shared with us.