Thanks

Options
Boogage
Boogage Posts: 739 Member
Just wanted to say thanks for all the educating posts about eating more, drinking water, getting lots of protein and all the other great tips.

I've been netting ridiculously low calories the last couple of months (not sure why as I was losing eating a good amount but I guess we just get silly about these things sometimes).

The last few days I've been netting a little more and eating about a 3rd more protein than I was and I feel soooo much better physically and mentally. I have more energy for working out and I'm excited about this journey again!

When I stepped on the scale this morning it said I'd gained half a lb but I'm not at all worried as it also said that my BF had gone down by 1/2 a percent and thats far more important to me than my weight.

I know these measurements change daily, hourly even (and are not all that accurate) but after not seeing much change in my BF lately I'm taking it as a sign that I'm heading in the right direction again. My aim is to build some muscle to shed the fat in order to change my body composition and make me tighter and firmer and I know this won't ever happen if I keep eating at such a large deficit.

I have a way to go to sort myself out as I'm still netting low but I'm going to keep increasing cals slowly and try not to let myself fall back into this bad habit I seem to have developed.

Thanks again and good luck in your journeys :)

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    It is good that you are trying to make sure that you are providing enough fuel for your body and that you have decided not to get hung up on the day to day weigh ins. It is much better to look at the big picture.

The body fat percentage readings on your scale may not be all that accurate and are better just for comparing broad changes, like up or down, every few weeks or so. Don't look at the BF% figures daily.

Good luck with your program.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!