Did I lose all my progress?

Options
Hello all! I've been on a workout journey to build muscle for a more shapely and curvy physique. I've been working out for about 5 months and have noticed some changes and have actually gained 2in around my hips but unfortunately have gained some inches around my waist too (I was expecting this though). Right in the middle of my journey my mother had abruptly cut me a ticket to travel back home for 3 weeks 😩 and I was so upset because I didn't want to mess up my progress. What was even worse is that I ended up staying for about a month due to flight delays🥴😫. During my trip I haven't really prioritized working out or dieting because lack of access to a gym and space to workout so I've completely abandoned my journey. I've been itching to go back to the gym and eating right because I just feel absolutely terrible (mind, body, and soul) going a month without doing so. I'm going back to the states soon and will start working out once again. I just am so upset because now I feel as though I have to start from scratch all over again. Did I work out this hard for 5 months and lose all my progress because of 1 month of inactivity??? I'm most likely going to do a cut to lose all the fat I've gained, how long should this cut last before I can go back to bulking?