Need Support! Need to get back on track!

Options
Hi everyone! So I been struggling these past two weeks but especially recently with my weight loss goals. I've lost nearly 70lbs since December of last year and I been feeling great, I have noticed a lot of changes. But I been at 402lbs now for the past couple of weeks and I think its because I'm starting to lose focus of my goals. For the past three months, I have avoided all junk food and staying away from fast food which is probably why I have had more energy but lately I just been finding myself falling into bad habits. Today, for example I have been on my feet constantly and cleaning but my eating habits were out of control. Today, I had two footlongs at Subway and a 6 inch and some chips, I have completely been out of control! My biggest thing is when I have had a bad day, I have trouble getting right back on track. So, im asking you, what has worked for you to immediately get back on track? Whenever I didn't do well, I always screw it up for the rest of the day and I dont want to continue doing that, otherwise im going to gain all of my weight back. I also would tell myself, "oh im only going to treat myself this one time" but thats never the case...i always end up doing it again haha so I'm looking for some motivation at the moment. Thank you!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I hope you meant "since December 2019," because if you've lost 70 lbs in four months I would assume you had your legs amputated.

Motivation is fake bull*kitten* that doesn't exist. What you need is discipline. You know what you need to do to be successful (stick to your calorie budget), so who gives a flying fart how you ~feel~ about doing that? You don't have to want to do it, you just have to do it. Went over your budget one day? Pick yourself up and get back to it tomorrow. You have choices about what you put in your body and you can make the choice not to put something in your body. Your body is not a garbage can, if you're eating something because "otherwise it would go to waste," let it go to waste. It's just as wasted if you eat it and didn't need the calories as if you dropped it in the trash, and one of those choices serves your health and nutritional goals and the other does not.

Meal-prepping and pre-logging as much of my food as possible has been a huge help, I think. I'm basically doing all of my thinking about what food I'll eat on the weekends, so during the week all I need to do is look at my diary and follow the plan. I don't need to think about it, it's already packed up in the fridge/freezer and the calories are counted. And sometimes I have calories left over even after accounting for my breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and I know how much room I have for spontaneous snacks. I know I can fit that packet of M&Ms in my budget if I decide I need some g--d--- M&Ms this week.