Diary question

Options
2»

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I pre-log, but with flexibility to change as the day goes on. So on most days I know broadly what I will have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I log those. That tells me roughly what I have left to play with for snacks etc. Then, as I get through the day I weigh my food and adjust my logs to have correct weights etc. If I change my mind and eat something different for dinner, it's no big deal. But the pre-logging gives me a bit more structure - a bit like how I find it easier to save my money at the start of the month than mid-way through the month.

I like pre-logging dinner so that, if plans change, I know I had allocated 750 calories for dinner (or whatever) - if we're going out instead of having the XYZ leftovers, let me look at the menu and find something that's approximately that many cals (or approximately double that many cals, and just split it into 2 meals). I need to re-check the nutrition info since it's been a minute and menus have changed, but for a while I had go-to orders at most of the drive-thrus in town, so if dinner plans were scrapped in favor of burgers or tacos or whatever I knew what I could get and that it would fit in my budget.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i always only have coffee for breakfast. so that's the same day to day.

generally my lunches are repeat items- things i eat pretty consistently for lunch. so, pretty much know whats happening there, too

dinners are always different. sometimes i plan well and know days ahead .... other times i figure it out that morning. I pre log it when I know what I'm doing but go in and edit amounts while i prepare it
  • jamzack
    jamzack Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys so much its all been helpful