How do I get enough protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For me, protein powder has been a great way to boost your protein. Nutricost vanilla tastes great and is only about 50 cents per serving. Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake or PROats for breakfast nearly every day and find myself exceeding my protein goals some days. I follow a gal on Insta who makes awesome protein recipes with sugar-free jello pudding mix, fruits, nut butters...It really makes it all feel like a treat.

Feel free to check out my diary. I also have PCOS!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I wonder if not reaching the protein target has also to go with the database. Any general estimate or how reliable the entries are wrt protein? How do the more experienced among us do it?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    They are usually pretty good on protein, carbs, and fat, but I checked everything until I learned to identify the USDA entries. Macros being off is usually an easy tipoff that the entry is bad -- I'd eyeball to see if they make sense with the cals and make sense generally (i.e., a chicken entry that's supposed to be just chicken and has a lot of carbs is obviously wrong).
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    Excellent! I'll make some 🍿 tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, @LisaGetsMoving . 🌻

Used in a tofu scrambles too...oh so yummy