Meal Planning

Options
I found this website today from ticktock. I am on the free trial and thinking of upgrading if anyone already has? The website is called Eat this much where you enter your calories for the day and how many times you want to eat and it comes up with a whole plan. Let me know any thoughts if this is a good resource to use? Or anyone knows a better one?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    MFP is on TikTok? Cool!

I'm unaware of the other app you mentioned but if you feel that you're going to need help with meal timing or planning, then it sounds like this could be helpful to you.

The most important metric is getting your caloric intake needs evaluated properly. MFP helps you set this up initially, and you may want to recalculate on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly, etc)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive been on here a decade almost and refuse to use the paid version.

it offers nothing i need.

weight loss is all about calories. eat whatever you want, within your calories, and you will lose weight.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Anything that works for you is a Win. As for MFP, I went ahead and paid premium soley cause I was head of heels excited to fully commit to this new way of life this time around. So I immediately went premium, bought a bread machine (to make low carb bread), and got a bunch of other things to fully commit to what helps make my WOE (Way of eating) enjoyable.

Turns out though, I really don't like using phone apps. I prefer to use a good old desktop computer... I initially got the premium cause it had the option to track net carbs automatically for me. But as it turns out, I don't really care, and I'm fully capable of subtracting fiber from Carbs... No big deal either way. The food diary is the feature that's worth it's weight in gold, and premium or not get's that great feature.