Looking for folks for motivation

RavenFox4
RavenFox4 Posts: 9 Member
This app was great before. Like most things life got in the way so I’m going to try again. As with others heaviest I’ve been in my life. I want to travel and have fun doing it so need to shed the pounds.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2021
    as niner says (and i often say, though no one likes to hear it from either of us), motivation comes from within. I can watch my friends keep within their calories, workout, lose weight, triumph over challenges, and it has no effect on what *I* do. Other than cheering them on and being happy for them. Their success has no bearing on MY success.

success comes from building and maintaining habits. Logging food. staying within calories. Working out (though that is not necessary for weight loss itself).

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    My own motivation comes from reasonable goals. If I look too far out or have too big a goal I lose motivation. But I set a goal of sticking to my calorie goal for 14 days, I feel so much more motivated to succeed. I get on the treadmill and tell myself that I'm going to walk for 20 minutes. Which always leads to 30 and often an hour! It's hard to set a goal of losing a half pound a week but after a few weeks of seeing it work, I'm even more motivated to keep going. This time around my goal was to lose ten pounds. Then take a deep breath and lose ten more. I've lost nine and I'm actually looking forward to the next couple of months of losing the next 11!
  • nholton8
    nholton8 Posts: 12 Member
    Seeking to become more intentional in logging my foods and need accountability. Any takers out there? I know logging my food works, so why don't I do it? Instead of eat poorly and decide not to log "those foods", therefore skip whole days. Need to be consistent, truthful, and focused on eating better.
  • N0M0Y0Y0
    N0M0Y0Y0 Posts: 30 Member
    Still learning this app. Looking for supportive community/friends to keep me inspired. Have lost about 55lbs. Still got about 180lbs to go. Feel free to add me