Need Help Tracking Macros, please help!

Options
Hello, I am new to tracking macros and need help especially with tracking chicken. My protein goal for the day is 217g, when I scan the barcode it says 4oz (112g) per serving but only about 27g grams of protein in the nutrition label. How can I track my info so that I meet my protein goal for the day? I use the Kirkland Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenderloins in case anyone can help me out, thank you!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    217g is very high - why did you set it that high? You probably don't need anywhere near that much.

If you need around 100-140 grams, (which is likely enough unless you are doing some serious training, like high-athlete type stuff) then your tenderloin is a little over a quarter of 100g.

I found it helpful to log the day's food plan and tweak things that didn't fit.

It takes some practice.

Not sure that answered you?

• valeriehayesc
    valeriehayesc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I track my day first than adjust a little if needed. It does require planned ahead. I look to get 100-110g of protein each day. It does take practice. Don't give up! It does get easier.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Are you asking specifically about tracking or about how to get enough protein?

I agree that 217 g is likely way more than you need -- how did you get that number? However, for tracking, if your entry includes the protein amount, the grams of protein should show up in your protein column. The grams in weight is not the same as grams of protein, as you can see, since even meat has lots of weight from other things (like water).

You also, obviously, can eat more than a serving of something if it fits your calorie and nutrient goals. I normally eat 6 oz of fish when I have it, for example, and don't care what someone else thinks the serving size is.