Travel.

Options
sdailly13
sdailly13 Posts: 37 Member
Really, after a year of lost lives and untold hardships throughout this last year all over this planet. I can't understand how some people's main question is Can I have a holiday abroad this year.. Hold fast! Try to think of others around the world and not just a few weeks in the sun

Replies

• Analog_Kid
    Analog_Kid Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F66b7617627fd16a7f9e71a506fd61e59%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D4321247&f=1&nofb=1
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    So I assume you're not in those Miami Beach fun under the sun crowds creating chaos and mayhem?? :)

I agree with you completely. Sometimes, I think people need to take a step back and give it a bit longer. :( As hard as it is to wait....I can understand why people want to travel, kids want to be in school, etc., etc. but then, with all of that happening the numbers start ticking up again. It hasn't gone away. :(

School increased locally to more face-to-face learning and now a couple grades are back to remote learning due to new cases as well as the high school has new case every couple of weeks. There are upticks in the town's correctional center as well as a local nursing home. :(

Everybody's trying so desperately to get the vaccine out to all who want it; give it time to work.

I haven't seen 2 of my 3 kids since Christmas of 2019. I want to travel as much as anybody.
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I understand but at the same time I think people shouldn't stop living their lives as long as they're being careful. I am one of those who would like to travel as soon as I received my second vaccine. Maybe not right away but at least start thinking about it and planning it. It's not because I'm selfish and not thinking about others. I want to travel because I want to live my life to the fullest and I also want to make memories with my kids. My life has been on hold for more than 1 year, almost 2 because of illness and I want to live.

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Really, after a year of lost lives and untold hardships throughout this last year all over this planet. I can't understand how some people's main question is Can I have a holiday abroad this year.. Hold fast! Try to think of others around the world and not just a few weeks in the sun

I agree with you but its amazing how many people don't agree with you and are to me selfish only thinking of what they want and I personally know a few of them.

I felt this way even before my mother and I got covid the begging of this year, she stays home completely unless taken to the doctors or the patio or a park where hardly any people and they keep far away from one another, I'm sure I gave her covid either from the grocery stores or pharmacy I don't work outside the house and were not visiting anyone. Real easy to get.

We'd love to travel not happening.
    My 30ish daughter would love to travel with her 3 kids and spouse, because her friends are globe trotting right now in places like the Dominican Republic and some of her friends have had covid and no vaccine and don't care what they do even their kids have had it old enough for vaccines but no.

My daughter won't be traveling because she wants her family to stay healthy, so she has much fun as she can close to home, hiking, camping etc

I wish we weren't all so divided on this. People are still dying from this everyday and the numbers increase every time the government lie and say its ok take off your mask. Go to work, go to school, restaurants and pretend everything is pre covid. It won't be pre covid like, for years to come if ever.

Protect your family and friends and even the ones you don't know please. We live in this world together, let's do better.๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ™
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

I agree with you but its amazing how many people don't agree with you and are to me selfish only thinking of what they want and I personally know a few of them.

I felt this way even before my mother and I got covid the begging of this year, she stays home completely unless taken to the doctors or the patio or a park where hardly any people and they keep far away from one another, I'm sure I gave her covid either from the grocery stores or pharmacy I don't work outside the house and were not visiting anyone. Real easy to get.

My 30ish daughter would love to travel with her 3 kids and spouse, because her friends are globe trotting right now in places like the Dominican Republic and some of her friends have had covid and no vaccine and don't care what they do even their kids have had it old enough for vaccines but no.

My daughter won't be traveling because she wants her family to stay healthy, so she has much fun as she can close to home, hiking, camping etc

I wish we weren't all so divided on this. People are still dying from this everyday and the numbers increase every time the government lie and say its ok take off your mask. Go to work, go to school, restaurants and pretend everything is pre covid. It won't be pre covid like, for years to come if ever.

Protect your family and friends and even the ones you don't know please. We live in this world together, let's do better.๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ™

So how long to people completely put their lives on hold for? What does a COVID world look like? Not doing anything except grocery shopping for all of eternity?

I am vaccinated. The vaccine is readily available for anyone who wants it in the US, so there's nothing I can do about the unvaxed. My state is open and we had one of the most strict lockdowns in the US. It makes zero sense to me that I can go out and about to eat, entertainment venues, the gym, etc in my town and state, but somehow going on vacation and doing the same thing is irresponsible or selfish. I have just as much of a chance of getting it here as I do going on vacation and engaging in similar activities.

I spent 10 days in Miami and the Keys in July and it felt so good to just get away from the everyday monotony after not having travelled in 18 months. I'm going to Moab, UT in October. We're planning on going to L.A. in the spring for spring break. One of the reasons I got the vaccine is so I could start going about my life in some kind of normal fashion. Telling people not to go anywhere isn't a particularly good selling point for getting vaccinated.

I believe that ultimately this virus will be endemic, just like the flu and many other viruses and we can't just cease to live. It isn't going anywhere. Get vaccinated. Wear a mask in crowded areas, wash your hands, etc. One can only do what one can do. I have no intention of locking myself in my house for the rest of my life.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

So how long to people completely put their lives on hold for? What does a COVID world look like? Not doing anything except grocery shopping for all of eternity?

I am vaccinated. The vaccine is readily available for anyone who wants it in the US, so there's nothing I can do about the unvaxed. My state is open and we had one of the most strict lockdowns in the US. It makes zero sense to me that I can go out and about to eat, entertainment venues, the gym, etc in my town and state, but somehow going on vacation and doing the same thing is irresponsible or selfish. I have just as much of a chance of getting it here as I do going on vacation and engaging in similar activities.

I spent 10 days in Miami and the Keys in July and it felt so good to just get away from the everyday monotony after not having travelled in 18 months. I'm going to Moab, UT in October. We're planning on going to L.A. in the spring for spring break. One of the reasons I got the vaccine is so I could start going about my life in some kind of normal fashion. Telling people not to go anywhere isn't a particularly good selling point for getting vaccinated.

I believe that ultimately this virus will be endemic, just like the flu and many other viruses and we can't just cease to live. It isn't going anywhere. Get vaccinated. Wear a mask in crowded areas, wash your hands, etc. One can only do what one can do. I have no intention of locking myself in my house for the rest of my life.

And I absolutely here your side of it, I'm vaccinated and so is my family and most of my friends. And although my friends are vaccinated, one of them was just in the hospital with covid due to travel for work via plane although vaccinated and we do wash our hands, wear mask, but the constant concern is being around unvaccinated and people who refuse to wear mask or who don't really wash their hands, glad you enjoyed yourself traveling and to each their own. I still view it as selfish not to vaccinate and to run around unvaccinated specifically and not to wear mask or wear mask with their nose hanging out and I don't recall saying go no where, the point is to stay in your part of the world. And I guess people who aren't high risk do things differently and we don't plan on being locked in the house for the rest of our lives but partially yes.

But this is why we all have an opinion and chaos at the same time.

Best wishes.