Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You lost weight & have maintained it. Did you focus on healthier foods or just restrict calories????

2»

Replies

• mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 697 Member Member Posts: 697 Member
    It's mainly been being more mindful of what I'm eating. I still treat myself when I want to, but try to eat less processed foods. Definitely a struggle since I don't make as much home cooked meals as I should be. Overall doing a decent job at maintaining my weight, but I still have a ways to go until I feel like I've accomplished my fitness goal.
  • yirarayirara Member, Premium Posts: 6,122 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,122 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    I know exercise is a huge part of maintaining weight loss, but how have you had to change your diet? Do you eat less the same foods or did you focus on eating healthier, more nutritious foods?

I just eat what i enjoy eating. Mostly 'healthy' and sometimes 'not so healthy', whatever that means. As I never followed a specific diet to start with but only ate less there was no transition into maintenance for me. Just eat a bit more again at a time and see where I end up.
  • DeterminedFee201426DeterminedFee201426 Member, Premium Posts: 841 Member Member, Premium Posts: 841 Member
    Yes I changed my diet completely. It was unhealthy from the start. Eating junk food all day and drinking sodas. Didn't ever eat real meals. I didn't eat fruit or veggies. Now I do and a lot of them. I also drink water most of the time. I still have my snacks everyday. No where near as I did before. Eating a box of cakes or eating a whole six pack/value of Reese's. Don't even have the taste. For most of the things. That got me to gain weight. I ate so much of it before and I mean a lot.
  • mylittlerainbowmylittlerainbow Member Posts: 693 Member Member Posts: 693 Member
    I have always tried to eat healthy food, just ate too much of it (mainly trail mix-type stuff like unsalted nuts and dried fruits). And portion sizes were not controlled at all. I am now keeping my exercise at the higher level with which I started maintenance but not eating back those calories. And I log every day and stay under a cap that I've set because it seems to work for me to stay in the range I want, within a few pounds fluctuation only. Also keeping up with the water. So it felt a bit like still being on a diet the first few months but has now evolved into a plan that I think I can basically stick with for the rest of my life. I do NOT want to go through this again!
  • ThinisAsin333ThinisAsin333 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    For me it's a bit of both.
    I eat fruit in the morning. (sometimes) Between breakfast & lunch I will sometimes eat a 100 cal or lower snack. Lunch I have at least a 300 calorie or lower meal, frozen meal or a (very) light salad. Dinner is when I try to have the most calories in a day. Last I noticed I slowly built calories. Mon (365). Tues (505). Wed (795). Thurs (185). Fri (180). Sat (425). Sun (520).
  • musicfan68musicfan68 Member Posts: 871 Member Member Posts: 871 Member
    I lost weight by walking every other day for 2 summers. (I am physically disabled and walk on crutches, so I most likely burn a lot more calories walking due to the way I walk). I didn't consciously change my diet. I have managed to keep off about 50 lbs 12 years later. I just had a shift in attitude about eating. I decided I didn't have to eat everything, and didn't need to eat sweets every day. So somehow I manage to stay at maintenance without much thought. Although I do intermittent fast due to my work schedule, which may or may not help. I no longer walk for fitness or work out at the gym. Although I would like to get back to the gym lifting weights.
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 33,614 Member Member Posts: 33,614 Member
    I just personally watch my calories.