Looking for a nag, more than one nag, nagging chorus if necessary...

Options
KGJMSr
KGJMSr Posts: 2 Member
I was waaaaaaaay overweight (280lbs) and just rudimentary food choice changes got me to 240 (good news, but not terribly difficult). I struggled to get from 240 to 220 (more good news, but hard work). I'd like to rid myself of the 20 - 30 more pounds needed, and trying this combination of food and exercise tracking...

What I lack is willpower, and stick-to-it-tive-ness.
Advice is most welcome
Friend me as well, and NAG me if I start to slack off on daily tracking!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Willpower and motivation are limited resources. They run out because they are rooted and grounded out of emotions.

You don't lack willpower. No, siree.

Let's take a minute and celebrate your success. You're in the final home stretch. The race is on and has been on.
    You are doing great. Taking a break if that's what you have done may be just the ticket for you to get back on that horse now.

Think George Jones here.

Now the race is on
    And here comes pride up the backstretch
    Heartaches are goin' to the inside
    My tears are holdin' back
    They're tryin' not to fall
    My heart's out of the runnin'

I'm darned proud of you. Focus and consistency, consistency, consistency. Keep your head engaged every step of the way. Be patient with your body. Your body has been going through all kinds of internal changes as you lose this weight. The inches have to catch up with the pounds. All of that rearranging inside and out.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Options
    I'm a good nag had years of practice 😀😀