Scales

Options
I would like some recommendations for a good set of digital bathroom scales. I have had the Fitbit Aria scales for quite a few years and they were great but they are now showing an err message and it doesn't look like there is a way to fix them so it is time for a new set. Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I got a WW Conair digital scale from Walmart for around $20 and it has worked for years.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just have a Taylor digital. I don't really like the battery powered thing and the next one will be old-school no battery non-digital. It's hard to believe it when it gives four different readings in one minute...plus having to think about batteries. Too much thinking for such a simple device.

But then I don't have microwave or a garbage disposal either..
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just have a Taylor digital. I don't really like the battery powered thing and the next one will be old-school no battery non-digital. It's hard to believe it when it gives four different readings in one minute...plus having to think about batteries. Too much thinking for such a simple device.

But then I don't have microwave or a garbage disposal either..

I've been thinking about switching to a non-digital too once my current one gives up the ghost. It drains battery at a shocking rate for something that gets used once a week for thirty seconds.

I do love my microwave and my garbage disposal came with the house, but I find I have been going more and more low tech for a lot of things. Simpler mechanisms and more reliable. Plus I can still use them even after TEOTWAWKI, if I'm still kicking around.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    :lol: at TEOTWAWKI

Yep. Less to break, less to fix, fewer stresses. My microwave and garbage disposal also came with the house. The microwave is a built-in and it broke 20 years ago. It's a dry storage box now.

I don't even use my dishwasher any more...and I think it still works.