Limited Mobility Exercise Guidance

I am heading into hip/pelvis total replacement. I'm mostly chair bound but I am trying to strengthen as best as I can as well as lose weight. I'd love suggestions for exercises or links to resources like videos and blogs. Thanks!

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    I am heading into hip/pelvis total replacement. I'm mostly chair bound but I am trying to strengthen as best as I can as well as lose weight. I'd love suggestions for exercises or links to resources like videos and blogs. Thanks!

Talk to your surgeon and see if he/she can get you set up with a visit to the physical therapist you will work with post op. They can give you the best program to make you as strong as possible going into surgery so yo have a quick recovery.

Best of luck
  • mia5386
    mia5386 Posts: 1 Member
    I am wheelchair bound and would also like to find resources that help me with my general fitness. At present I only leave my home when I have the strength to climb my stairs using my arms and bum. Upper body strength is important to me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    mia5386 wrote: »
    I am wheelchair bound and would also like to find resources that help me with my general fitness. At present I only leave my home when I have the strength to climb my stairs using my arms and bum. Upper body strength is important to me.

There are many wheelchair exercise videos on YouTube, ranging from beginner/rehab gentle things to fairly intense exercise designed for wheelchair athletes. Maybe check out some of those, looking for ones from either credentialed physical therapists or degreed trainers? I wish I had specific recommendations for you, but have not used them myself, just have seen them pop up in searches for somewhat similar search terms.