What was the most difficult obstacle in your weightloss journey?

Options
Just wondering... I'm starting my journey over

Replies

• VanElle69
    VanElle69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dealing with food cravings when I wasn’t hungry. I used various techniques to overcome them from brushing my teeth, doing some yoga, drinking a glass of water...whatever works to distract and divert.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    that my husband eats everything he wants, he does not have health issues and so I need to resist. Don't get me wrong he eats healthy , but sometimes is difficult with the meals he has
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend who is a foot taller can eat whatever he wants it seems and it’s so tempting.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    me
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Negative mindset aka my bad brain. She's nicer to me now.
  • PositiveChange2013
    PositiveChange2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've had very good success in the past with weight loss only to end up gaining most, if not all the weight back. And then some. I was finally diagnosed with binge eating disorder a couple of years ago and am now realizing what's happening. Working on the why is a lot more difficult.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Changing my mindset. Once I accomplished that, everything else was much simpler than I had anticipated.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I’m with @KHMcG .... me, me, me, me, me 😕
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Myself. Listening to negative thinking from years of being cautioned against "getting fat" as a child and young adult. Once I got out of my own way and started to see what I was capable of mentally and physically, it got a lot easier.
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... I'm starting my journey over

Keeping the weight I lost off.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle to achieving better health, therefore weight was being able to find someone to identify and treat my health issues. Having defined the many problems, interrelated issues with the help of a BANT registered Nutritionist (UK) using standard blood tests, I've overcome a raft of endocrine issues using relevant treatments.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Pain, which prevented consistency. Now that I've had surgery, am doing PT twice a week, and have the pain under control, I'm able to be a lot more consistent about getting up and moving, and I'm not turning to food and drink for comfort/pleasure or out of boredom.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    mel941980 wrote: »
    For me it's been the realization that this is a lifetime commitment, and I don't get to be `normal' if that makes sense. I had a bit of a meltdown last week. It has taken me 15 months to lose 80lbs and it was the first time I really accepted that my journey isn't ever going to end. I'm going to need to log my food, workout and be mindful unless I want to gain weight back.

I look at it much like someone might diabetes or a food allergy. Obesity is a condition that must be vigilantly managed and dietary adjustments are here to stay.

As for obstacles - I have yet to master selecting and portioning food eaten outside the home. Often at work, there are lots of complimentary goodies. It's tough to say no to a fully expensed meal with drinks.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    sometimes i feel that i want to be the same person dressed in another body, i have lymphedema in low extremities and is getting worse and worse when is sunny and warm or hot outside when everybody loves this , I hate this and there is water retention and I am fighting with all these ,but sometimes I have moments when I know though I am a fighter, this is beating me
    I am however a fighter :) I should never forgot <3