Motivation on all levels!

Options
Hi I am 41 years old. Mother to two teenagers, one for them has a disability which is linked to trauma - it has been very hard trying to make all the adjustments to meet their needs. Struggling to shift the weight since both pregnancies and now I am trying to secure full time permanent employment (teacher), which is proving to be difficult during COVID!

We are at the start of the holidays, I have a list as long as my arm of things to do. When I get overwhelmed I end up doing hardly anything, wasting the days away and turning to food.

So I need to be motivated on all.levels so my bad eating habits doesn't take over!

How do stay positive?
How do you ensure you don't waste the holidays?
How do you ensure you stay motivated despite feeling stressed?
I think I will report here daily with small goals and see how many of them I achieve - I really don't want to go back to work after Easter feeling like I have not used the time productively - including spending quality time with the family. Anyone want to be my life coach? Lol!
Thabks in advance!

Replies

• fionahamill7688
    fionahamill7688 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same at the minute. So will be following. When someone comes along with good tips and advise. Sorry im no help. I will give one piece of advise is to listen to Mel Robbins she recommends doing the 5,4,3,2 1 approach check it out
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    I'm on the thread called JFT daily commitment thread. (Just For Today)

And the basis is rather than seeing our weightloss journey and all the things we need to do to achieve that as a whole, we break it down to daily goals.
    It's easy to do something for one day. And a lot of the time the goals can be the same daily like "Staying within calorie allowance" or "drink 8 cups of water"
    But these daily small actions add up to the bigger picture of you losing weight. And also helps you to turn that Goal For the Day into a longlasting habit.

It's mostly women, ranging from ages about 27 to atleast 70 I think! And everyone is REALLY supportive and there's always mini challe ges for those who want to take part or you can start a solo challenge and you'll be encouraged by us all.

Im not "recruiting" or anything like that, it's a come and go as you please kind of thing, if it helps then great and if not then hopefully you've can walk away with some useful tips!

The reason I recommend is because you said you have a list as long as your arm and its overwhelming!
    This might help you break it down.

As I say it's up to you, it's not for everyone, you could even lurk if you wanted and just see how it goes.
    I like the group because I've also made friends from it too and it's nice to see us all working towards our better selves!

As for the Mel Robins 5 second rule, I personally love it! @fionahamill7688
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @fionahamill7688 @Bex953172 thank you very much for your messages. I will definitely be using Mel Robin's 5 second rule - my brain is definitely working against me right and it is making me very unproductive and feeling miserable. How can I join the just for today thread - is it on the community page? I will have a look.

@fionahamill7688 do check in as it will be nice to stay in touch and motivate each other. I had a nice day sitting in the sun. I didn't look at my list today, gave myself permission to have the day off today - I felt I needed it. Tomorrow I will do try to get 2 things done on my list.

Thanks for your support, it means so much. xx