Weekend indulge...I blew it

So, I have been doing pretty well but I blew it this weekend. too much wine and too much food. How do I get back on track and how do I not beat myself up?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    You get back on track by getting back on track. Log everything honestly, do your best to stick to your budget today.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you did not gain your weight in a day (or weekend) and you will not lose it in a day (or weekend)

effects will be minimal, and more than likely, just water weight.

There is no wagon for you to wait for to 'get back on'. Today is a new day. You start by doing the same things you did before this past weekend.
  • Deadeyeotdo42
    Deadeyeotdo42 Posts: 7 Member
    Agreed. Don't beat yourself up, it's a cycle that never ends. Instead, think about what you might have done different. NOT to feel guilty just to prepare for the next time you're in that situation.

Then forget about it and just get back to doing what you do. You have to allow yourself the chance to stumble here and there, we're all human.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    Log it (even if you have to estimate), learn from it (if applicable), put it behind you, and go on.

Sometimes, over-eating goal is worth it subjectively (special events, say). Sometimes it's not. Only you know which is which.

Regardless, guilt or shame are unhelpful. They don't burn any extra calories, and they feel icky. Why indulge in them? Food is not sin, eating more than ideal doesn't require expiation.

Just get back on a sensible, sustainable routine as soon as practical. If your car had a flat, you wouldn't puncture the other 3 tires and go back to bed, you'd fix the flat and get on with normal life. This is no different. One weekend is a drop in the ocean.

I ate a whole freakin' pizza by myself yesterday, and it was a good'un. I had a really nice Zinfandel alongside. I call that "a decision". (It was worth it, but I'd call it the same thing even if it wasn't.) My weight was up almost 2 pounds today, but it's nearly all water weight, because I didn't eat 7000 calories above maintenance. It'll be back down again in a few days. Meh.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    So, I have been doing pretty well but I blew it this weekend. too much wine and too much food. How do I get back on track and how do I not beat myself up?

Me too - not wine but too much chocolate and too many chips. I was so disappointed and down on myself last night I cried a little - so to day I pre-logged my food for the whole day, trying to shift my negative self talk, and reminded myself it is the first week in 2021 that I have been up instead of down in weight, and I am still down 18 lbs from my highest.

I'm sure we will both get back on track. :smile: