Help! Potential weight loss plateau?

Options
Dakyrae
Dakyrae Posts: 18 Member
edited March 2021 in Motivation and Support
Y’all, I am in dire need of some help and advice. My morale has been pretty low as of late because of my weight. I began dieting and exercising properly (probably a little too extreme, my food diaries are available for view) back in late January of this year. I began to see immediate results and lost about 20 lbs in 2 months. This progress has began to slow and almost stop. I weighed myself last Thursday and my weight was 234 lbs. Every day after that, it has been in the range of 238-243 lbs. I workout everyday doing cardio, mainly the elliptical and I push myself pretty hard! I have been eating in an extreme calorie deficit (I try to have 1,549 calories remaining for each day) and drink at least 1 gallon of water daily, so I am not completely understanding where the weight gain is coming from. This is extremely disheartening and I really need some help and advice on how to overcome this. I am trying my hardest to be under 190 lbs by the end of June. Please help, I appreciate each and everyone of you!

Replies

• Dakyrae
    Options
    When it comes to not on the scale, my clothes are fitting better and everything looks toner than before. I was thinking that the weight gain was a result of muscle gain, but I am not sure.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    I'd listen to AnnPT77 if I were you, she knows her stuff 🙂 undereating is not a good idea...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    safjdsa7w5lp.jpg
  • Dakyrae
    Options
    Thank you all for your insightful and helpful advice. I am keeping notes of each reply and adhering to the advice. You all don’t know how much this means to me, I am truly grateful for all of you!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Options
    Good luck, take it slow as they say above and it is more likely to stay off in the long run!