Work out partners?

Options
Is there a thread for meeting work out buddies in your city? I just moved 4 hours away from where I was and have a hard time talking to anyone in the gym. Socially awkward at its finest.

Replies

• 1fin
    1fin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! Happy to be a virtual walking buddy. I try to get outside & walk 4x a week. Hoping to keep it up! Happy walking πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
  • emailnumber308
    emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I feel thisπŸ˜’ I moved to a completely different state in November. I hate large chain gyms and with covid there aren't very many exercise groups to meet other people (unless virtual). To answer your question- no, nothing that I've seen. Maybe search for local fitness classes/groups? Maybe meeting a workout buddy would be easier in a smaller social setting? Good luck!
  • Intimidator
    Intimidator Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marie. I am working on doing better as well... I went for a 30 min walk at lunch and then again after work... I would be up for doing a virtual walk or be an accountable partner to encourage you...
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    A long time ago meetup.com was a thing. It is like a dating website but for friends wanting to do things like hiking or rollerblading etc. I remember it was mostly large groups of people that would meet up.
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm happy to be your virtual workout buddy. I was never into working out and then xmas 2019 happened and I felt like I looked horrible. Started getting into fitness January 2020 using YouTube videos and I'm loving it. So I guess what im saying is we can all use that extra push and motivation and I need all I can get. Anyone interested in the challenge can friend me.