What are your SUPER easy meal preps?

Options
2»

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Microwavable rice (I like the Veetee Jasmine Rice but there are lots of options at most grocery stores). On your prep day you can cook up a bunch of chicken (I almost always use chicken thighs) or salmon (or whatever protein source you want), and you can chop/sauté a bunch of veg and then --- BOOM.

Portion all that out - add some condiments (I like a little teriyaki/soy, hot sauce, vinegar, honey......whatever you like).

Done.
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    * Tiny amount of oil for the pan
    * Frozen veggie mix
    * Frozen, cut up, protein
    * Salt, pepper, whatever spice you want
    * Heat in pan until as crunchy as you want them to be. Takes 5-10 minutes.
    * Put in bowl
    * Optional, add sauce or dressing at a sensible point of the process. There's even frozen veggie mixes that already have sauce on them.
  • changes8413
    changes8413 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Newby at meal prep and I struggle to get enough protein in. The posts have been helpful. I guess I'm a little picky in the meat, poultry, and fish area.
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @changes8413 Cheat by adding a protein shake, or just adding protein powder to meals where possible.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Salad prep all your veggies and proteins on Sunday, then just make them day of. Once you learn how to store your veggies, they can stay fresh for the whole week. This allows you to mix and match what you feel like having that day. Want a southern salad? Toss together the lettuce, some defrosted frozen corn, black beans, and whatever veggies you want. Then mix some taco seasoning in with some ranch dressing. You can mix and match to your hearts content.