Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka - thank you? His sister has GERD but I didn’t know exactly what it was.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey— I have had GERD, also known as acid reflux for many years. It has been much less of a problem more recently. I’ve been more careful and avoid foods that don’t agree with me. DH has been on a fodmap diet for several years on the advice of a doctor. Wheat is a problem for him. FODMAP was created by Monash University in Australia. It has been very good for my husband. It is easy to find information on the internet. It might be worth looking at for your husband. Tummy troubles can be very painful.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Machka - 100 Australian dollars is about £55 . Her new price is £35 for 2 hours work. It used to be £26 , so the shock was rather the increase, rather than the price. We are very tidy and both clean as we go, and the house doesn't get generally dirty with no kids, or pets, so, apart from the kitchen, I don't have to have a cleaning schedule at all. It works out at £17.50 a week. For me the stress of not having to worry about it, and the relief of not having to organise my husband into a schedule, is worth it.
    He is very good and more or less takes care of the kitchen after I've cooked. He also shops for fruit and veg and looks after the trash. I cook delicious meals, order deliveries, tidy up, and do the laundry.
    I also spruce the place up if, (once upon a time), we have guests coming. I am OCD about the look and placement of things etc and have to rearrange everything after the cleaner has been. I also empty all the bins before she comes and clean any personal stuff.
    When I asked why she had put her prices up so suddenly, she said "I'm worth it."
    :D:p:D:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Tracey - Your granddaughter is fabulous. She has a great future. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Friday: BP, 50+ mins vacuuming and tidying, Saturday: BP, typed hymns, Shadow to dog group.
    Bonus: Friday: Stroll chat with T and Shadow. Saturday: reconcile CU accounts, purge my Part D folder, reconcile both Joe’s and my Part B EOBs, declutter keyboard.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, update fire district profile, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, ongoing: fire district: find locksmith to copy mailbox key, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), Monday, follow up with Chetco Medical re: labs not approved, bank to turn in pennies, ask Nick or Traci about revised escrow statement and refi. Tuesday: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, county planning office neighbor’s plans,
    Active April:
    10: Turn housework or chores into fun: fire up that blue tooth speaker and DANCE while you finish laundry and dust… ;)

Michele “just a spoonful of vinegar makes the sugar craving go down” ? :laugh: I’ll give it a try, thanks!
    Lisa :love: the image of shedding unuseful old assumptions like Egg blowing coat. Will offer some of my assumptions to the universe at Tumble’s next combing session. ;)
    Barbie l mulch ecstasy :laugh:
    Beth ((hugs)) and thanks for persisting to photo success. Cecil has such a smoochable face! :heart:
    Annie “three days” Hurrah!
    Tracey no one could ignore that pretty child! Especially :love: the pic with Rodger. Well done! Wow, all that snow. Shames me for complaining about our blustery weather. We have beautiful sunny skies, but the wind is too brisk to spend much time outdoors picking up the windblown sticks.

Glad I dragged my unwilling butt to dog group today, I always feel so much better after. Don’t want to miss an opportunity now that they’re meeting again. Our county’s risk level went down from Extreme (no indoor dining or fitness) to High (limited capacity indoor dining and fitness) so I’m planning to return to inside church and line dancing after our vaccinations ripen. Was sad to see an uptick in cases this morning, so won’t get my hopes up too high.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 10, weigh/wii: 10/0/0; steps>5627=Fri: 6862 Sat: 5674  vits=10, log=10, CI<CO=9, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=16, Shadow=13, mfp=10, outside=12 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=2 dance= clean 30 mins=5, packwalk=4, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=7 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Playing catch-up again and losing 😂. You are posting quicker tha I can rad 😂

Weekly grocery shopping done and dusted (literally 😂). Winter is having a last gasp at the moment. Snow, hail and winds blowing down from the north.

The tulips and daffodils are being blasted. My magnolia and camellias had started bursting forth, but the cold has stalled them, but only temporarily.

We are planning a walk after lunch with DYD and her dogs if the weather allows.

Not sure why, but my weight has dropped a couple of lbs despite having had Easter goodies over the last week. This process is often a mystery. more slowly than we are posting.

Page 12

☘️ Terri

Camellias? At this time of year? You're going into spring, aren't you?

Camellias are a mid-winter flower. Ours have fat little buds on them, and we'll likely start seeing flowers when it gets colder around the end of May.

M in Oz

My camellias are spring flowering.

Here they bloom all winter, and there's a brief overlap with spring when the daffodils come out and the camellias are in their last week or two. :)

There are winter flowering varieties, but most people favour the spring flowering varieties here.
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Page 25
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2021
    Options
    If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

Against all odds: Debunking Societal Expectations. (‘They’ said I would never amount to anything!)

What exercise(s) do you like to do?

Exercise:

I love being active and especially if it involves being outside. I do a minimum of 60 minutes intentional exercise most days. I like variety, and use a range of sources for workouts. DH and I aim to have a walk outdoors most days unless the weather is very inclement.

I enjoy most physical exercise.
    Dancing and walking outdoors are favourites.

Not a fan of running! And not keen on anything involving cold water.

Michelle: - So sorry to,read about Bonnie. All you can do is love her and make her comfortable, and let her go when the time comes.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2021
    Options
    DH and I changed the bed linen today. I did most of it before he came out of the shower. I not only changed the pillow cases, but also the under cases, which were utterly disgusting. :embarassed: Of course, then I saw the actual down and feather pillows, which were even more disgusting. :o:o:o
    On a quick calculation, the last time I bought pillows was over twelve years ago. :sad:
    Time for new ones! I will be ordering them today in honour of our 18th meeting anniversary in May. DH seems happy enough with that.
    That led me to think about the winter duvet. We bought it when we got married over 16 years ago. It is goose down and has never been cleaned. I think a new winter duvet is on the cards for our 17th wedding anniversary in November.
    Our summer one is washed every year and is made of something synthetic.
    Sorry to admit to being so disgusting, but time flies by so fast. I can’t believe it is that long! I still think of them as my 'new' pillows. My parents kept theirs for thirty years or more.

Making meatballs today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    We're in the midst of quite a storm system here ...

Cold
    Wind
    Rain
    Snow at slightly higher elevations
    And massive waves along the west coast. At least one was measured at 16 metres.

The Spirit of Tasmania is the car ferry that goes between Melbourne (mainland) and Devonport (northern Tasmania) is battling these waves tonight. It's about a 9-11 hour crossing and I've done it when it has been a bit wavy but I am so incredibly glad I'm not out there tonight!!

kn864r9rgoe8.png

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Ordered!
    I've bought 2 firm synthetic ones for reading in bed, plus 2 different down and feather ones for sleeping. I have just one soft one, as a front sleeper and DH can put his medium/firm feather one on top of the firm synthetic one for his elevated side sleeping. Also ordered new liners.
    Hooray!
    Plus I haven't got to rack my brains for an anniversary gift! I have already bought him our favourite chocolate truffles, which are hidden in my wardrobe. The anniversary is on May 6th, same day as Max's birthday. I've asked DDIL for suggestions. They are trying to wean him off computer games, which is what we usually buy him. :'(
    What do you buy the 10 year old boy who has everything?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    What do you buy the 10 year old boy who has everything?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

An experience.

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday,
    Julie I am glad to not be alone in my way of thinking. Thank you! "Dumping one's bag" love it! I have read that the French don't "share" like Americans.

Beth Glad I could help! Every facet of our lives is being affected by shortages and price increases. I wonder if society as a whole will become more or less of the throw away society I currently see. I think it is going to take years to recover.

Eating- well mine too is all over. Sone days I munch all day on whatever I can grab. Other days I manage one meal. Too hard to track right now as my life at work is so crazy. I barely get water until I get home. Just crazy.

On phone as in Kentucky with no internet really except hot spotting, do answering one page at a time.

Kylia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Our son, who is working in an employee dining facility at Yellowstone Park, called because the chef for the guest restaurant was impressed by him and his skills and told him she's moving him to guest services shortly and making him a sous chef there. It's a promotion and a raise, and he was so happy. Says it's a great bunch of people to work with, and he's working hard and loving it. Fingers and toes crossed that it all goes well for him. Yesterday, they were due to see even more snow, and he says he has to keep a wary eye out for bison when he's walking across the street to where he works. Homicidal hairy cows and freezing weather aren't my idea of fun anymore, but he's young enough that it's an adventure.
    :)
    John, walking across to work. One of the few times I've been able to see his eyes are blue in a picture. He has his dad's eyes.
    p9lkt9gi81mx.png

Tracey,

Loved the pics of your granddaughter. What a cutie!

Heather,

My daughter is getting her ten-year-old son a telescope for his birthday... is there anything Max is interested in at school, perhaps? And I know it's not wonderfully personal, but can you get him a gift card to anything but a video store and then offer a shopping trip with the two of you to spend it on what he chooses? It's becoming my go-to answer.

Got faced with the same choices I'd been contemplating yesterday morning of writing a piece on a technological subject I knew nothing about, and turned it down. Proud of that. Oddly hard to do - just not terribly conditioned to saying "no." Learning fast, though. Perhaps there is hope for me yet!

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • kymarai
    Options
    Tracey Your GD is adorable! Yes, the rising costs are concerning on both fronts. I am thankful that for now, I am in a position that it doesn't hurt financially, but remember the days all too well when even a slight increase in prices could send me into a tail spin. I love that your husband is able to help GD. Most of my friends growing up were lefties. This gave me a huge advantage in life as I am fairly competent either left or right handed. I am predominantly right, but a lot of activities I am better at left.

Cleaners- I would love to have someone come in even once a month to dust, clean bathrooms, and deeper cleaning. Husband worries too much about strangers in the house. 😒 I can just feel when "Sharky" hasn't vacuumed the house when we get home. What a relief it would be to come home to a sparkling clean home.

Kylia
  • Machka9
    Options
    About 8 months ago, I had a plan to organise the fridge door. I even bought some things.
    Now I can't remember what the plan was!

Our fridge door and the door of the pantry are covered in COVID instructions and brain injury instructions and a bunch of other stuff. I wanted to do something to organise them so that it looks less cluttered and easier to read.

I might visit Officeworks to see if I can get some ideas again.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    Options
    Tracey I love the quote for your name!
    HeatherUK I love your cleaners response! I will admit I am a royal watcher. I have been fascinated with England since my childhood friend Jayne, came over from England. She had the best comic books about doll hospitals. I loved her accent. Her mom made us play outside for at least an hour unless it was raining and below 50 degrees! We huddled in the corner of her back patio in blanket forts playing with Barbies. However, I dont like anything that just goes on and on like the news. Really? How many times do we have to hear the same thing? If you have run out of news to tell, then try looking up some feel good stories! Maybe if the networks would do that, our world would be a nicer place.
    No judgement here on pillows!
    I agree with Machka- my one daughter does experiences. The other needs basics. I gave up buying gifts several years ago and give either money or experiences (those are harder right now). Experiences have included bowling, swimming, ice cream, or even shopping just the two of us. When opened back up I am taking my Grandboys go cart racing. I took Grandgirls to theater before lockdown.

Lisa So happy for your son. He can keep the snow though!😉

I need to go scrub the kitchen floor. I know the floor is sticky with years of build up, but husband figured it out last night. I think the fact that it was raining when we were bringing stuffs in didnt help matters. This is NOT at our house(just a reminder🤪 but at the farmhouse in Kentucky. We really need to get a bed. This double sucks! A king won't fit, but a queen will. The farmhouse really is beginning to feel like ours though. All the lights have been changed from soft white which I see as yellow to daylight. Of course that means anything that is dirty really shows up.
    Have a great day!

Kylia in Kentucky today making our farmhouse ours.