The last Time!

Options
Shawtytel
Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
Hello all, here I am for the last time trying to take my journey serious. I was introduced to this community years ago and never followed through with it. Now here I am trying to give it a go after hearing how great this site is and that it really does work. I need all the help that I can get to make this my final battle and lose weight properly and keep it off. I have so much to look fwd to this year and have to look amazing and feel great about.

Is there anyone out there that can help hold me accountable for my day when it comes to making sure I'm making the right food choices and get my fitness in. I need a serious buddy system and am willing to return any added support that anyone else may need. I'm tired of starting over and need this to be the last. Day 1 started today for me on April fool day but I'm not fooling myself anymore. I need to win! I need to see me again.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,506 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi, and welcome back!

You might want to take a look over in the Challenges part of the Community forums: There are a bunch of different groups and challenges there that can help with accountability, as well as meeting like minded people.

Direct link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

Wishing you success, for the long term!
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Thank u
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,643 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back to MFP!

I just want to chime in to say, if this is your “last time”, give yourself some grace. If things don’t happen as fast as you want, or you boomerang around the first month or two, or go over calories once, twice, a dozen times, be patient, get back on the wagon and carry on.

Don’t think to yourself “failed, last time, throw in towel”.

This will be a lifelong change of eating, thinking, perhaps exercising. It sounds daunting, but with thought and perseverance you can do this.

Take that “last time” out of your head.

Much success to you. If you have questions, you will get only support here in the forums. We are all in the same boat, and speaking for myself, mine has lots of plugs.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as the Finish Line when it comes to your overall health and well being. No one can hold your feet to the fire or hold you accountable for great lengths of time because it's too exhausting.

If you want your good habits to stick you have to learn how to take full responsibility for yourself - come hail or high water. If you don't, none of this will stick.

Hitting the pause button mentality derails health and fitness goals. There's no such thing as the right time to begin and there is no end. It's not about willpower or motivation it's about skills. Tiny steps for tiny feet. This is not about perfection. The All or Nothing Mindset is deeply rooted in perfectionism and that's why it doesn't stick.

You're human and life happens to all of us. On a one day at a time basis you can learn how to get fit and stay fit under real life conditions. Constant starts and stops only build the skill of pausing. Do your best every day and keep going. Do not press the pause button.
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Thank u both so much for your words of encouragement. I have been sticking to eating right and exercising everyday since the 1st. So far so good. I'm willing to achieve my goals and haven't thrown in the towel yet. I know I can do this. Reading these post ensures me that I have a great community to lean on to help me persevere.
  • latoyasmith1985
    latoyasmith1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I am excited that you back at it. I just started back using myfitnesspal as well. It's a good tool to help you understand portions control. Remember this is a lifestyle. Learn what you can and continue to practice this for the rest of your life. You got this.

Congratulation on your new lifestyle.
  • Shawtytel
    Options
    Thank you