Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,506 Member
    Options
    SiiaMarl wrote: »
    ^ also every bit of the above post.

At some point I think it's good for everyone to reach a point where they allow weight loss to fade into the background of their lives and become a side-effect of their lives, not the focus of it.

Keep an eye on your weight and make sure it's trending toward where you want it to be, but otherwise... just build habits and let those habits carry you while you live your life.

The habit building is hard, but don't make it harder than it has to be and do it with an eye toward a day it becomes easy. Not a day you hit goal weight and it continues to be a struggle to maintain.

Relax. Breathe. Your weight will eventfully reflect the habits and life you live.

True! but I guess its hard for me cuz i don't want to take any risk, I have been overweight since I was young and I have been doing diets rather than living my childhood life, I'm 28 now and I don't wanna waste more time that's why I need to focus.

but believe me Im trying to loosen up

You're taking risks. They're just different risks. If you cut your calories to super-low levels, you're risking health. Ditto if you lose weight faster than your current fat levels will support. If you can't think beyond where you are now, and consider the habits you'll need to keep your weight in a healthy range permanently without major stress, you're risking regain (which usually comes with extra pounds as friends). (I'm not saying you absolutely must implement that plan right now, but it's time to think about it, and consider how and when to experiment & find the habits you'll need in maintenance - not so much calorie level as eating style, exercise habits.) You're risking another round of yo-yo dieting, repetitions of which have bad cumulative consequences.

If other people are convincing you you're doing it wrong . . . stop listening to them. Really.

You have people here in this thread giving you advice who've lost weight, and more importantly stayed at a sensible weight thereafter for multiple years. They (we) might know something, ya never know. 🤷‍♀️
  • FitnessCurmudgeon
    FitnessCurmudgeon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SiiaMarl wrote: »
    there is a saying that if you lose weight then gain it back multiple times in your life your body will resist and it will be slow and hard to lose weight.. is it true? because im struggling with it.

I know people have different bodies and lose weight in totally different patterns but I see many people lose like 8 kg in 2 months then I thought to myself maybe they spend a lot of time in gym but when I see their routine (diet +exercise) is similar to mine and some of them do not even go to gym( im not talking about morbidly obese people). some people are not even that fat to begin with, I know a girl is is 160 cm and 62 kg in 2 months and half she lost 9 kg. for me when I was 20 kg heaver I spent 6 month to lose 10 kg. :* with diet and 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minute weight training and various workouts.

since last August I have been losing 1 kg a month despite my activities and diet

It is not true that cyclical weight loss somehow “damages metabolism” and affects future weight loss. It is true that some people respond more easily and quickly to weight loss routines than others. The key is really being as accurate and consistent as possible with calorie intake. The #1 reason by far when people struggle to lose weight is that they underestimate their calorie intake.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But what good will that knowledge do you? Whatever anyone's past weight history may be, they have to take themselves as they find themselves now, and find a path forwards that works for them.

Good luck.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    You are currently 163 cm tall and you weigh 67 kg.

That is a BMI of 25.2 - only very just into overweight.

You will not be losing at a rate of 2- 3 kg/month - you should be aiming for 1/2 lb/week or 1/4 kg - 1 kg a MONTH

also a goal of 50kg would give you a BMI of 18.8 - right at very lower end of normal. Possibly not a realistic or healthy aim for you.