Macros per meal

Options
eckmancl
eckmancl Posts: 5 Member
In my goals, I see total macros but I'd like to know how to divide them up per meal. I look at my nutrition chart at the end of the day, and it seems like I'm not doing something right. Any suggestions?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You don't have to worry about macro balance within a meal other than if having a certain amount of protein, fat, or carbohydrates per meal help you feel fuller for longer. Hitting the goal for the day will work, as your body is processing the food you eat throughout the day.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You don't have to worry about macro balance within a meal other than if having a certain amount of protein, fat, or carbohydrates per meal help you feel fuller for longer. Hitting the goal for the day will work, as your body is processing the food you eat throughout the day.

I agree with this. I don't even necessarily fret too much if I'm not spot on for the day, either, since there's no major reason I need to be exact with it at present. I've probably only had a handful of days I was pretty much exactly on the percentages recommended.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You can divide them up however you like...they aren't particularly important anyway. There isn't any kind of universally optimal macros ratio...it's very individual. An endurance athlete for example is going to have a much different ideal macro breakdown to a bodybuilder.

Outside of what keeps you satisfied and physical performance, and to some extent body composition, your macro breakdown isn't really all that important provided you aren't protein or fat deficient...the vast majority of the worlds population has zero clue what their macro breakdown is and they continue to thrive.