How to lose 6 pounds overnight...

Options
ALZ14
ALZ14 Posts: 202 Member
(Tongue in cheek post)

Last night I was hit with a violent and miserable stomach bug where I spent more time in the bathroom than in my bed. I lost 6 overnight. Great weight loss plan! 🤣🤣🤣

*I’m aware it will come back as I start eating and drinking again.

**I’m not recommending intentionally getting sick to lose weight.

Replies

• Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hope you’re feeling better today
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I’ve done the same trick once. Another ”great” option is hitting a burnout that makes you lose both sleep and appetite... lost 9lbs in 2-ish weeks with that once. 0/5 stars, would not recommend.

Hope you’re feeling better!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ALZ14 wrote: »
    (Tongue in cheek post)

Last night I was hit with a violent and miserable stomach bug where I spent more time in the bathroom than in my bed. I lost 6 overnight. Great weight loss plan! 🤣🤣🤣

*I’m aware it will come back as I start eating and drinking again.

**I’m not recommending intentionally getting sick to lose weight.

LOL, when I saw the thread title I wondered if you were going to say "have a baby," because that's something my mom friends and I joke around about. You just have to gain 20-30 pounds first, before the 1-day big loss!

I hope you feel better soon! Not that I have a preferred way to be sick, but stomach bugs absolutely feel "violent," and it's just so awful!
  • queanmum
    queanmum Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I thought you were going to say you had the prep for a colonoscopy. I do hope you're better.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Ha. I thought you had a baby!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’ve never done it, but I gained 6 overnight last week. Exercised too hard. Body revolted.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I hear amputation is good for rapid weight loss too. Only problem is you can play that card only so many times. 😝
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    I used to live in a country with summer temperatures as high as 50C. Spent 30 minutes outside, lose 5lbs on the scale from dehydration. I thought of ways to package and sell this, but nothing came up to be honest.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Food poisoning is great too. I lost 5 pounds in a day.