For the lifting female...

Options
PlentyofProtein00
PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
All questions accepted...

I see the gifs and I get curious. Im also lifting just not as heavy and as amazing as those gifers😅

Hope others who lift dont mind responding and answering questions 🙏

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    For the lifting female ...
    whats the calories/macro look like...do you stick to strict macro plan? Do you just focus on protein grams? Stay away from sugars?
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    How many days a week do you lift?
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I average 40-60 mins, 3-5 days a week right now. My food plan is very basic. I run a 40p/30f/30c macro. My cal count is based on what I am doing. I try to eat as clean as possible.

Please keep in mind that what works for me might not work for you or for that other lady. Figuring out what worked best for me actually took longer than losing the weight.

Whatever you choose to do, do it consistently. Consistency has been the key for me.

Also, whatever you have been doing seems to be working because you look fantastic.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days a week using a lower/upper body split and ensure to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. Macros are 35P 35F 30C as this is what seems to keep me satiated - that was the hardest thing to work out if I'm honest! I try not to stray within 10% up or down of my maintenance calories and follow the 80/20 rule with my food whereby it is 80% nutritionally sound and 20% what I fancy.

But as K said above, you just have to tinker and see what works for you as everyone is different. She was also right in saying that you look great!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy twice per week, and maybe do some lighter body weight or accessories another day, plus some abs. I don't track my calories or macros often, but when I do, I try to make sure I get close to my protein goal because I'm often under. I made some tweaks to my eating to try to ensure adequate protein intake, even when not tracking. So, protein at each meal and a protein snack in the afternoon.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I lift five days a week and do some light cardio on a daily base (leisurely walking, cycling, swimming).
    I make sure my protein intake is on point; one gram per 1lb body weight. The rest gets filled up as I go. I have two teenage sons to feed so my diet sits around theirs. However, I do eat some chocolate and have a glass of wine in the weekend.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I track macros and have a pretty high protein goal, 180g per day. I don’t stay away from sugars, carbs fuel the lifting. Sour Patch Kids FTW!

I lift 5 days a week with a plan that my powerlifting coach created.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    I lift 5-6 days/week. I make sure to cover my bases in regards to protein intake (minimum 160g/day), but am not currently at a point where I worry too much about tracking macros otherwise. And no, I don't shy away from sugar. It's Easter and I'd straight up fight someone if they tried to take my jelly beans.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I lift 5-6 days/week. I make sure to cover my bases in regards to protein intake (minimum 160g/day), but am not currently at a point where I worry too much about tracking macros otherwise. And no, I don't shy away from sugar. It's Easter and I'd straight up fight someone if they tried to take my jelly beans.

😍nice muscles.
    Jelly beans is 100% my kinda candy.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    I lift five days a week and do some light cardio on a daily base (leisurely walking, cycling, swimming).
    I make sure my protein intake is on point; one gram per 1lb body weight. The rest gets filled up as I go. I have two teenage sons to feed so my diet sits around theirs. However, I do eat some chocolate and have a glass of wine in the weekend.
    I track macros and have a pretty high protein goal, 180g per day. I don’t stay away from sugars, carbs fuel the lifting. Sour Patch Kids FTW!

I lift 5 days a week with a plan that my powerlifting coach created.

I've been working on my protein levels...and finally decided I need more calories, I need to stop being scared of fueling me body
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My maintenance calories are 2450 a day just to give you an idea. Anything less and I will lose weight. I'm 5'6.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Temporarily I'm not lifting anything because I just had abdominal surgery on the 22nd and I was threatened with hernias if I do, so I'm behaving myself. My diet is also way off because my dr has me doing annoying and challenging low-FODMAP for a month.

However. Normally I lift 7 days a week, I've split my program into a 4 day rotation. I do 20 minutes cardio on a rowing machine daily and walk 3 miles a day roughly mid-March through early or mid-November. The only macro I worry about is protein, I aim for 1 g per lb of body weight. It's high because there's been some research showing a decrease in protein absorption with age and I'm not young. :p